Ysha`yah; yesh-ah-yaw' or Ysha`yahuw
Parts of Speech
n pr m
KJV Translation Count — 39x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Isaiah (32), Jeshaiah (5), Jesaiah (2)
Outline of Biblical Usage
saiah or Jesaiah or Jeshaiah = "Jehovah has saved"
1. the major prophet, son of Amoz, who prophesied concerning Judah and Jerusalem during the days of kings Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah of Judah; author of the prophetic book by his name; tradition has it that he was sawn asunder in the trunk of a carob tree by king Manasseh and that this is the incident referred to in Hebrews 11:37
2. son of Hananiah, brother of Pelatiah, and grandson of Zerubbabel
3. a Benjamite
4. one of the 6 sons of Jeduthun
5. son of Rehabiah, a descendant of Moses through Gershom, and an ancestor of a Levite treasurer in the time of David
6. son of Athaliah and chief of the house of Elam who returned with Ezra
7. a chief of the descendants of Merari who returned with Ezra
Ysha`yah, yesh-ah-yaw'; or Yshayahuw, yesh-ah-yaw'-hoo; from 3467 and 3050; Jah has saved; Jeshajah, the name of seven Israelites: — Isaiah, Jesaiah, Jeshaiah.
Concordance Results Using KJV
And he sent Eliakim, which was over the household, and Shebna the scribe, and the elders of the priests, covered with sackcloth, to H3470 the prophet the son of Amoz.
So the servants of king Hezekiah came to H3470.
And H3470 said unto them, Thus shall ye say to your master, Thus saith the LORD, Be not afraid of the words which thou hast heard, with which the servants of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me.
Then H3470 the son of Amoz sent to Hezekiah, saying, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, That which thou hast prayed to me against Sennacherib king of Assyria I have heard.
In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet H3470 the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
And it came to pass, afore H3470 was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
And H3470 said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.
And Hezekiah said unto H3470, What shall be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the LORD the third day?
And H3470 said, This sign shalt thou have of the LORD, that the LORD will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?
And H3470 the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.