'Affliction' in the Bible
"I have spoken all this to you in order that in me you may have peace. In the world you have affliction. But keep up your courage: *I* have won the victory over the world."
while on the other hand upon the self-willed who disobey the truth and obey unrighteousness will fall anger and fury, affliction and awful distress,
Who shall separate us from Christ's love? Shall affliction or distress, persecution or hunger, nakedness or danger or the sword?
He comforts us in our every affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction by means of the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
But if, on the one hand, we are enduring affliction, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if, on the other hand, we are receiving comfort, it is for your comfort which is produced within you through your patient fortitude under the same sufferings as those which we also are enduring.
I have great confidence in you: very loudly do I boast of you. I am filled with comfort: my heart overflows with joy amid all our affliction.
For even when we were with you, we forewarned you, saying, "We are soon to suffer affliction;" and this actually happened, as you well know.
A plain token of God's righteous judgement, I say, since it is a righteous thing for Him to requite with affliction those who are now afflicting you;
and to requite with rest you who are suffering affliction now--rest with us at the re-appearing of the Lord Jesus from Heaven, attended by His mighty angels.
- Affliction Day And Night
- Afflictions As Blessings In Disguise
- Afflictions Of Ministers
- Afflictions Of The Wicked
- Afflictions Of The Wicked, Examples Of
- Afflictions Resulting In Good
- Afflictions Terminating In Good
- Afflictions, Benefits Of
- Afflictions, Consolation During
- Afflictions, In Christian Living
- Afflictions, Prayer During
- Afflictions, Purpose Of
- Afflictions, Temporary
- Beneficial Affliction In Furthering The Gospel
- Beneficial Afflictions For Faith
- Beneficial Afflictions For Humility
- Christ's Disciples Will Suffer
- Comfort In Affliction
- Encouraging Others
- Getting Through Hard Times
- God Appointed Afflictions
- God Seeing Their Affliction
- God Will Comfort
- Hope In Hard Times
- How Sin Comes With Afflictions
- Human Comfort
- Life Struggles
- Overcoming Hard Times
- Peace And Comfort
- Prolonged Afflictions
- Promised Victory
- Refining Influences Of Affliction
- Severe Afflictions
- Sin Producing Afflictions
- Staying Strong During Hard Times
- Temporary Affliction Of Saints
- The End Of Afflictions
- Water, As A Symbol Of Affliction
- Waters Of Affliction