'Appointing' in the Bible
Along with him I'm appointing Ahisamach's son Oholiab from the tribe of Dan, and I've given wisdom to all who are skilled so they can make everything that I've commanded you,
Is it such an insignificant thing to you that the God of Israel has separated you from the Israelis to draw you to himself, appointing you to do the work of the tent of the LORD and to stand before the community to minister to them?
and appointing judges throughout the land in all of the walled cities of Judah, city by city. He issued this reminder to the judges:
In appointing a statute for the rain, and a way for the thunder's flash:
Appointing the number of the stars, To all them He giveth names.
"Son of man, speak to your people and tell them: Suppose I bring the sword against a land, and the people of that land select a man from among them, appointing him as their watchman,
"Against the shepherds my anger rises I am punishing the leaders also, because the LORD of the Heavenly Armies has visited his flock, the house of Judah, appointing them as his royal war horse for battle.
And they have been to Me, said Jehovah of Hosts, In the day that I am appointing -- a peculiar treasure, And I have had pity on them, As one hath pity on his son who is serving him.
And ye have trodden down the wicked, For they are ashes under the soles of your feet, In the day that I am appointing, Said Jehovah of Hosts.
"The Lord answered, "I'm Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But get up and stand on your feet, because I've appeared to you for the very purpose of appointing you to be my servant and witness of what you've seen and of what I'll show you.
I give thanks to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, appointing me to the ministry-
Now if perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood for on this basis the people received the Law what further need would there be to speak of appointing another kind of priest according to the order of Melchizedek, not one according to the order of Aaron?
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Appoint (139 instances in 13 translations)
- Appointed (519 instances in 13 translations)
- Appointee (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Appointees (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Appointest (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Appointeth (27 instances in 4 translations)
- Appointment (26 instances in 13 translations)
- Appointments (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Appoints (8 instances in 8 translations)
- Disappoint (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Disappointed (74 instances in 12 translations)
- Disappointeth (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Disappointing (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Disappointment (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Disappointments (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Disappoints (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Fore-appoint (2 instances in 1 translation)
- God-appointed (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Self-appointed (3 instances in 1 translation)