'Confidence' in the Bible
But [we] ourselves had the sentence of death in ourselves, so that we would not be putting confidence in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead,
For our proud confidence is this: the testimony of our conscience, that in holiness and godly sincerity, not in fleshly wisdom but in the grace of God, we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially toward you.
And in this confidence I was minded to come unto you before, that ye might have a second benefit;
And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.
We have this kind of confidence toward God through Christ:
Seeing then that we have such hope, we speak with great confidence,
We have therefore a cheerful confidence. We know that while we are at home in the body we are banished from the Lord;
So we have a cheerful confidence, and we anticipate with greater delight being banished from the body and going home to the Lord.
I have great confidence in you; I have great pride in you. I am filled with encouragement; I am overcome with joy in all our afflictions.
I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.
And we have sent with them our brother, whom we have oftentimes proved diligent in many things, but now much more diligent, upon the great confidence which I have in you.
lest if Macedonians may come with me, and find you unprepared, we -- we may be put to shame (that we say not -- ye) in this same confidence of boasting.
But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.
Do ye look at what concerns appearance? If any one has confidence in himself that he is of Christ, let him think this again in himself, that even as he is of Christ, so also are we.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Confidant (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Confide (37 instances in 7 translations)
- Confided (22 instances in 5 translations)
- Confidences (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Confident (114 instances in 13 translations)
- Confidential (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Confidentially (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Confidently (70 instances in 12 translations)
- Confidest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Confideth (12 instances in 1 translation)
- Confiding (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Overconfident (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Self-confidence (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Self-confident (50 instances in 2 translations)
- Confidence Betrayed
- Confidence In God, Produces Boldness
- Confidence In God, Removes Fear
- Confidence, Based On
- Confidence, From Holy Spirit
- Confidence, God's Calling
- Confidence, In Christ
- Confidence, In God's Word
- Confidence, Of Christians
- Examples Of Confidence
- False Confidence
- False Confidence, Examples Of
- Hope, As Confidence