'Dam' in the Bible
The waters heaped up at the blast of Your nostrils;the currents stood firm like a dam.The watery depths congealed in the heart of the sea.
Likewise shalt thou do with thine oxen, and with thy sheep: seven days it shall be with his dam; on the eighth day thou shalt give it me.
When a bullock, or a sheep, or a goat, is brought forth, then it shall be seven days under the dam; and from the eighth day and thenceforth it shall be accepted for an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
If a bird's nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young:
But thou shalt in any wise let the dam go, and take the young to thee; that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days.
The beginning of strife is as when water first trickles [from a crack in a dam]; therefore stop contention before it becomes worse and quarreling breaks out.
- Dama (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Damage (70 instances in 13 translations)
- Damaged (45 instances in 6 translations)
- Damages (8 instances in 3 translations)
- Damaging (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Damask (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Dammed (1 instance in 1 translation)