'Points' in the Bible
At the Lord's command, Moses wrote down the starting points for the stages of their journey; these are the stages [listed] by their starting points:
But if you are slow in driving out the people of the land, then those of them who are still there will be like pin-points in your eyes and like thorns in your sides, troubling you in the land where you are living.
For they had instruments for putting an edge on their ploughs and blades and forks and axes, and for putting iron points on their ox-driving rods.
The wheels were made like carriage-wheels, the rods on which they were fixed, the parts forming their edges, their rods and the middle points of them, were all formed out of liquid metal.
Under him are sharp points of clay, He spreadeth gold on the mire.
Who winks with his eyes, who signals with his feet, Who points with his fingers;
She has sent out her servants; she calls out from the highest points of the city:
Who has ascended to heaven, and then descended? Who has collected the wind in his hands? Who has wrapped up waters in a garment? Who has established all the farthest points of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name? Surely you know!
And this also is a sore evil, that in all points as he came, so shall he go: and what profit hath he that hath laboured for the wind?
They were acting like loose women in Egypt; when they were young their behaviour was loose: there their breasts were crushed, even the points of their young breasts were crushed.
And there will no longer be a plant with sharp points wounding the children of Israel, or a thorn troubling them among any who are round about them, who put shame on them; and they will be certain that I am the Lord.
"But as soon as he has arisen, his kingdom will be broken up and parceled out toward the four points of the compass, though not to his own descendants, nor according to his authority which he wielded, for his sovereignty will be uprooted and given to others besides them.
Though I were to write out for him ten thousand points of My law, they would be regarded as something alien.
No one is pushing against another; everyone goes straight on his way: bursting through the sword points, their order is not broken.
After He had left the house, the Scribes and Pharisees commenced a vehement attempt to entangle Him and make Him give off-hand answers on numerous points,
As we have heard that some persons from our number have disturbed you with their teaching, unsettling your minds and throwing you into confusion, although we gave them no express orders or instructions [on the points in question],
but since it concerns points of disagreement about words and names and your own law, settle it yourselves. I will not be a judge of these things!"
but they simply had some points of disagreement with him about their own religion and about a dead man, Jesus, whom Paul asserted to be alive.
Nevertheless, to remind you, I have written to you more boldly on some points because of the grace given me by God
For I passed on to you the most important points that I received: The Messiah died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
Such a one does not keep his hold upon Christ, the Head, from whom the Body, in all its parts nourished and strengthened by its points of contact and its connections, grows with a divine growth.
On all these points give teaching and help, and make clear what is right with all authority. Let all men give you honour.
This is a faithful saying, and on these various points I would have you insist strenuously, in order that those who have their faith fixed on God may be careful to set an example of good actions. For these are not only good in themselves, but are also useful to mankind.
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
By this the Holy Spirit points out that the way into the [true Holy of] Holies is not yet thrown open as long as the former [the outer portion of the] tabernacle remains a recognized institution and is still standing,
After this I saw four angels in their places at the four points of the earth, keeping back the four winds in their hands, so that there might be no moving of the wind on the earth, or on the sea, or on any tree.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Appoint (139 instances in 13 translations)
- Appointed (519 instances in 13 translations)
- Appointee (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Appointees (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Appointest (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Appointeth (27 instances in 4 translations)
- Appointing (12 instances in 8 translations)
- Appointment (26 instances in 13 translations)
- Appointments (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Appoints (8 instances in 8 translations)
- Disappoint (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Disappointed (74 instances in 12 translations)
- Disappointeth (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Disappointing (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Disappointment (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Disappointments (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Disappoints (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Finger-pointing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fore-appoint (2 instances in 1 translation)
- God-appointed (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Point (186 instances in 14 translations)
- Pointed (25 instances in 9 translations)
- Pointedly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Pointing (15 instances in 8 translations)
- Pointless (31 instances in 2 translations)
- Pointlessness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Self-appointed (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Sharp-pointed (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Standpoint (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Viewpoint (1 instance in 1 translation)