'Severed' in the Bible
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.
You are not to present to the Lord anything that has bruised, crushed, torn, or severed testicles; you must not sacrifice them in your land.
Then Moses severed three cities on this side Jordan toward the sunrising;
A man with crushed or severed genitals may not enter the assembly of the Lord.
Now Heber the Kenite, which was of the children of Hobab the father in law of Moses, had severed himself from the Kenites, and pitched his tent unto the plain of Zaanaim, which is by Kedesh.
When the silver cord is severed, the golden vessel is broken, the pitcher is shattered at the fountain, and the wheel is broken at the cistern,
So they cut the cables and severed the anchors and left them in the sea while at the same time unlashing the ropes of the rudders; and after hoisting the foresail to the wind, they headed steadily for the beach.
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
- Asseverate (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Perseverance (25 instances in 10 translations)
- Persevere (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Persevered (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Perseveres (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Persevering (5 instances in 6 translations)
- Perseveringly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sever (8 instances in 8 translations)
- Several (50 instances in 12 translations)
- Severally (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Severance (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Severe (97 instances in 10 translations)
- Severely (92 instances in 10 translations)
- Severer (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Severest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Severing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Severity (16 instances in 12 translations)