'Star' in the Bible
I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
He built two altars to every star in the heavens in the two courts of the LORD's Temple.
The king ordered Hilkiah the high priest, the priests of the secondary order, and the doorkeepers to take out of the LORD's Temple all of the implements that had been crafted for Baal, for Asherah, and for every star in the heavens. Then he burned them outside Jerusalem in the fields of the Kidron and carried the ashes to Bethel.
The king unseated the idolatrous priests whom the kings of Judah had appointed to burn incense in the high places throughout the cities of Judah and in the environs surrounding Jerusalem, including those who had been burning incense to Baal, to the sun, to the moon, to the constellations, and to every star in the heavens.
Shining morning star,how you have fallen from the heavens!You destroyer of nations,you have been cut down to the ground.
And said the wives, “When we were burning sacrifices to the queen of heaven and were pouring out drink offerings to her, was it without [the knowledge and approval of] our husbands that we made cakes [in the shape of a star] to represent her and pour out drink offerings to her?”
But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
And he said, I was watching for Satan, falling from heaven like a star.
Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
And I will give him the morning star.
And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Star's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Star-gazers (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Star-god (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Stare (16 instances in 10 translations)
- Stared (14 instances in 5 translations)
- Stares (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Staring (9 instances in 5 translations)
- Stark (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Starlight (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Starry (10 instances in 3 translations)
- Stars (78 instances in 13 translations)
- Start (93 instances in 9 translations)
- Started (158 instances in 9 translations)
- Starting (58 instances in 8 translations)
- Startle (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Startled (15 instances in 9 translations)
- Startles (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Startleth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Startling (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Starts (8 instances in 3 translations)
- Starvation (37 instances in 4 translations)
- Starve (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Starved (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Starves (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Starving (9 instances in 4 translations)