'Cause of the Poor' in the Bible
Defend the cause of the poor and the fatherless! Vindicate the oppressed and suffering!
I know that the Lord upholds the just cause of the poor, justice for the needy.
The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it.
The king who is a true judge in the cause of the poor, will be safe for ever on the seat of his power.
Lest they being drunken forget the law, and regard not the cause of the poor, and of all such as be in adversity.
Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.
But he will do right in the cause of the poor, and give wise decisions for those in the land who are in need; and the rod of his mouth will come down on the cruel, and with the breath of his lips he will put an end to the evil-doer.
They are become fat; they shine; yea, they overpass in deeds of wickedness; they did not judge the cause, the cause of the fatherless; with all this they made themselves prosperous; and they did not judge the cause of the poor.
He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know me? saith the LORD.
For I have seen how your evil-doing is increased and how strong are your sins, you troublers of the upright, who take rewards and do wrong to the cause of the poor in the public place.
- Always Have The Poor Among You (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Cause Him To Swear (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Countenance A Poor Man In His Cause (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Cry of the Poor (3 instances in 21 translations)
- Defend Your Cause (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Despised The Poor (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Dishonored the Poor Man (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Distribute to the Poor (1 instance in 15 translations)
- For This Cause (319 instances in 29 translations)
- Gifts To The Poor (6 instances in 12 translations)
- Give To The Poor (10 instances in 34 translations)
- Given to the Poor (5 instances in 36 translations)
- Justice for the Poor (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Kind To The Poor (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Mercy on the Poor (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Oppress the Poor (6 instances in 18 translations)
- Oppresses the Poor (4 instances in 12 translations)
- Oppression of the Poor (2 instances in 17 translations)
- Poor Always Ye Have With You (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Poor and Needy (30 instances in 21 translations)
- Poor of the Land (5 instances in 21 translations)
- Poor of This World (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Poor Widow (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Rich and Poor (5 instances in 35 translations)
- Right Of The Poor (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Rights Of The Poor (3 instances in 8 translations)
- Spare the Poor and Needy (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Anger Of God, Causes
- Anger Of Man, Cause
- Anguish, Cause
- Anxiety, Cause
- Apostasy, Cause
- Backsliding, Causes
- Becoming Poor
- Being Poor
- Blessings For Those Who Help The Poor
- Blessings Of The Poor
- Blindness, Causes Of
- Caused By God
- Causes of failure in
- Condemnation, Causes Of
- Contention, Causes
- Corruption, Causes
- Defilement, Ceremonial Causes
- Depression, Causes
- Despondency, Causes Of
- Famine, Causes Of
- Fear, Caused By
- Giving To The Poor
- God And The Poor
- God Helps The Poor
- God Will Cause Defeat
- Hating Without A Cause
- Insomnia, Causes Of
- Not Helping The Poor
- Plenty For The Poor
- Poor Or Rich
- Poor People
- Poor, Duty To
- Poor, Oppression Of
- Poor, The Wicked Response To