'Seed of Abraham' in the Bible
Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?
O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.
But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.
Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.
They answered him, 'Seed of Abraham we are; and to no one have we been servants at any time; how dost thou say -- Ye shall become free?'
'I have known that ye are seed of Abraham, but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you;
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.
But if you belong to Christ then you are the seed of Abraham, heirs according to the promise.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Abraham My Friend (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Abraham Your Father (5 instances in 21 translations)
- All the Seed (13 instances in 29 translations)
- Before Abraham Was (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Blessing of Abraham (3 instances in 28 translations)
- Abraham, Family And Descendants
- Abraham, Calling And Life
- Abraham, Characteristics Of
- Abraham, God's Covenant With
- Abraham, In Society
- Abraham, New Testament References
- Abraham, Testing And Victory
- Abraham, The Friend Of God
- Abrahamic Covenant
- Blessings, To Abraham
- Children Of Abraham
- Christ, The Seed Of
- God's Promise To Abraham