'Took an Oath' in the Bible
Therefore he called that place Beersheba, because there the two of them took an oath.
And early in the morning they took an oath one to the other: then Isaac sent them away and they went on their way in peace.
Then Jacob took an oath, and said, If God will be with me, and keep me safe on my journey, and give me food and clothing to put on,
I am the God of Beth-el, where you put oil on the pillar and took an oath to me: now then, come out of this land and go back to the country of your birth.
May the God of Abraham and the God of Nahor, the God of their father, be our judge. Then Jacob took an oath by the Fear of his father Isaac.
And he said, Take an oath to me; and he took an oath to him: and Israel gave worship on the bed's head.
And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Oath Betwixt Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Spirit Took Me Up (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Swear an Oath (22 instances in 14 translations)
- Take an Oath (39 instances in 12 translations)
- Took Bread (12 instances in 34 translations)