'Home' in the Bible
So she decided to return home from the region of Moab, accompanied by her daughters-in-law, because while she was living in Moab she had heard that the Lord had shown concern for his people, reversing the famine by providing abundant crops.
She said to them, "Each of you go back to your mother's home. May the Lord show faithful love to you as you have shown to the dead and to me.
May the Lord enable each of you to find security in the home of a new husband!" Then she kissed them goodbye and they wept loudly.
But Naomi replied, "Return home, my daughters. Why do you want to go with me? Am I able to have any more sons who could become your husbands?
Return home, my daughters. Go on, for I am too old to have another husband. Even if I thought there was [still] hope for me to have a husband tonight and to bear sons,
So Naomi said, "Look, your sister-in-law is returning to her people and to her god. Follow your sister-in-law back home!"
I went out full, and the LORD hath brought me home again empty: why then call ye me Naomi, seeing the LORD hath testified against me, and the Almighty hath afflicted me?
So Ruth worked beside Boaz's female servants, gathering grain until the end of the barley harvest as well as the wheat harvest. After that she stayed home with her mother-in-law.
At that time, Naomi, her mother-in-law, said to her, "My daughter, I must find a home for you so you will be secure.
And when she came home, her mother-in-law said, How have you fared, my daughter? And Ruth told her all that the man had done for her.
I will also acquire Ruth the Moabitess, Mahlon's widow, as my wife, to perpetuate the deceased man's name on his property, so that his name will not disappear among his relatives or from the gate of his home. You are witnesses today."
All the people who were in the court, and the elders, said, "We are witnesses. May the LORD make the woman who is coming into your home like Rachel and Leah, both of whom built the house of Israel; and may you achieve wealth in Ephrathah and become famous in Bethlehem.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (17)
- Exodus (5)
- Leviticus (3)
- Numbers (5)
- Deuteronomy (9)
- Joshua (6)
- Judges (34)
- Ruth (12)
- 1 Samuel (22)
- 2 Samuel (39)
- 1 Kings (22)
- 2 Kings (9)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (14)
- Ezra (1)
- Nehemiah (2)
- Esther (3)
- Job (17)
- Psalm (21)
- Proverbs (15)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Song of Songs (2)
- Isaiah (11)
- Jeremiah (12)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (5)
- Daniel (4)
- Amos (1)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (3)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (3)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (3)
- Homage (77 instances in 8 translations)
- Home-born (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Home-grown (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homeland (38 instances in 6 translations)
- Homelands (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homeless (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Homelessness (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Homely (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homemaker (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homemakers (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Homeowner (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Homes (84 instances in 8 translations)
- Homesick (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Homestead (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Hometown (18 instances in 6 translations)
- Hometowns (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homewards (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homicide (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Homosexual (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Homosexuality (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homosexuals (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Base (133 instances)
- Country (614 instances)
- Destination (2 instances)
- Dwelling (330 instances)
- Family (614 instances)
- Fatherland (1 instance)
- Focus (19 instances)
- Goal (17 instances)
- Harbor (10 instances)
- Hearth (11 instances)
- Home (455 instances)
- Homestead (3 instances)
- House (2178 instances)
- Household (360 instances)
- Housing (4 instances)
- Interior (13 instances)