'Home' in the Bible
So she decided to return home from the region of Moab, accompanied by her daughters-in-law, because while she was living in Moab she had heard that the Lord had shown concern for his people, reversing the famine by providing abundant crops.
But along the way, Naomi told her two daughters-in-law, "Each of you go back home. Return to your mother's house. May the LORD show his gracious love to you, as you have shown me and our loved ones who have died.
The Lord grant that you may find a home and rest, each in the house of her husband! Then she kissed them and they wept aloud.
But Naomi replied, "Go back home, my daughters! There is no reason for you to return to Judah with me! I am no longer capable of giving birth to sons who might become your husbands!
Return home, my daughters. Go on, for I am too old to have another husband. Even if I thought there was [still] hope for me to have a husband tonight and to bear sons,
So Naomi said, "Look, your sister-in-law is returning to her people and to her god. Follow your sister-in-law back home!"
I went out full, and Yahweh has brought me home again empty; why do you call me Naomi, since Yahweh has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me?"
So Ruth worked beside Boaz's female servants, gathering grain until the end of the barley harvest as well as the wheat harvest. After that she stayed home with her mother-in-law.
At that time, Naomi, her mother-in-law, said to her, "My daughter, I must find a home for you so you will be secure.
And when she came home, her mother-in-law said, How have you fared, my daughter? And Ruth told her all that the man had done for her.
I will also acquire Ruth the Moabitess, Mahlon's widow, as my wife, to perpetuate the deceased man's name on his property, so that his name will not disappear among his relatives or from the gate of his home. You are witnesses today."
All the people who were at the gate and the elders replied, "We are witnesses. May the Lord make the woman who is entering your home like Rachel and Leah, both of whom built up the house of Israel! May you prosper in Ephrathah and become famous in Bethlehem.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (17)
- Exodus (5)
- Leviticus (3)
- Numbers (5)
- Deuteronomy (9)
- Joshua (6)
- Judges (34)
- Ruth (12)
- 1 Samuel (22)
- 2 Samuel (39)
- 1 Kings (22)
- 2 Kings (9)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (14)
- Ezra (1)
- Nehemiah (2)
- Esther (3)
- Job (17)
- Psalm (21)
- Proverbs (15)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Song of Songs (2)
- Isaiah (11)
- Jeremiah (12)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (5)
- Daniel (4)
- Amos (1)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (3)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (3)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (3)
- Homage (77 instances in 8 translations)
- Home-born (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Home-grown (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homeland (38 instances in 6 translations)
- Homelands (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homeless (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Homelessness (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Homely (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homemaker (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homemakers (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Homeowner (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Homes (84 instances in 8 translations)
- Homesick (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Homestead (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Hometown (18 instances in 6 translations)
- Hometowns (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homewards (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homicide (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Homosexual (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Homosexuality (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Homosexuals (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Base (133 instances)
- Country (614 instances)
- Destination (2 instances)
- Dwelling (330 instances)
- Family (614 instances)
- Fatherland (1 instance)
- Focus (19 instances)
- Goal (17 instances)
- Harbor (10 instances)
- Hearth (11 instances)
- Home (455 instances)
- Homestead (3 instances)
- House (2178 instances)
- Household (360 instances)
- Housing (4 instances)
- Interior (13 instances)