'Long' in the Bible
Jerusalem remembers the days of her misery and wanderings, all her treasures that were from the days of long ago. When her people fell into [the] hand of the enemy, there was no one helping her; the enemies saw her, they mocked at her destruction.
He sent fire from on high into my bones; He made it descend. He spread a net for my feet and turned me back. He made me desolate, sick all day long.
(Pe) All your enemies gloated over you. They sneered and gnashed their teeth; they said, "We have destroyed her! Ha! We have waited a long time for this day. We have lived to see it!"
The LORD did what he planned. He carried out his threat. Just as he commanded long ago, he has torn down without pity; He let the enemy boast about you and has exalted the power of your enemies.
(Tsade) Cry out from your heart to the Lord, O wall of Daughter Zion! Make your tears flow like a river all day and all night long! Do not rest; do not let your tears stop!
Behold, O LORD, and consider to whom thou hast done this. Shall the women eat their fruit, and children of a span long? shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord?
He repeatedly attacks me, he turns his hand against me all day long.
He has made me reside in deepest darkness like those who died long ago.
I have become the laughingstock of all people, their mocking song all day long.
The lips and thoughts of my assailants are against me all day long.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (30)
- Exodus (49)
- Leviticus (14)
- Numbers (16)
- Deuteronomy (43)
- Joshua (15)
- Judges (9)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (19)
- 2 Samuel (14)
- 1 Kings (25)
- 2 Kings (9)
- 1 Chronicles (6)
- 2 Chronicles (20)
- Ezra (5)
- Nehemiah (3)
- Esther (3)
- Job (22)
- Psalm (103)
- Proverbs (18)
- Ecclesiastes (16)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (46)
- Jeremiah (32)
- Lamentations (11)
- Ezekiel (64)
- Daniel (7)
- Hosea (7)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (2)
- Micah (4)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Zechariah (4)
- Malachi (1)
- Long-eared (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Long-forbearing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Long-haired (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Long-lasting (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Long-lived (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Long-pinioned (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Long-promised (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Long-sleeved (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Long-suffering (23 instances in 8 translations)
- Longed (30 instances in 13 translations)
- Longedst (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Longer (489 instances in 14 translations)
- Longeth (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Longevity (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Longing (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Longingly (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Longings (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Longs (15 instances in 8 translations)
- Longwinged (1 instance in 1 translation)