'Nurses' in the Bible
Can a woman forget her baby who nurses at her breast? Can she withhold compassion from the child she has borne? Even if mothers were to forget, I could never forget you!
"Kings will be your guardians, And their princesses your nurses They will bow down to you with their faces to the earth And lick the dust of your feet; And you will know that I am the LORD; Those who hopefully wait for Me will not be put to shame.
Even the jackal bears the beast and nurses their cubs; [but] the daughter of my people has become ruthless, like ostriches in the wilderness.
On the contrary, in our relations to you we showed ourselves as gentle as a mother is when she tenderly nurses her own children.
- Nurse (29 instances in 13 translations)
- Nursed (15 instances in 11 translations)
- Nursery (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Nursing (25 instances in 11 translations)
- Nursing-father (2 instances in 2 translations)