'Off' in the Bible
He said to me, 'Stand over me and finish me off! I'm very dizzy, even though I'm still alive.'
So they got up and were counted off-12 for Benjamin and Ish-bosheth son of Saul, and 12 from David's soldiers.
Abner told him, "Go off to your right or left after one of the young men and grab some war spoils." But Asahel would not stop following him,
Joab answered, "As God lives, if you hadn't spoken up, by morning my army would have broken off their pursuit of their own relatives."
So Abner told David, "Give me permission to go out and rally all of Israel to your majesty the king so they can enter into a formal agreement with you to reign over everything that your heart desires." So David sent Abner off, and he went away in peace.
And when they came into the house, Ish-bosheth was stretched on his bed in his bedroom; and they made an attack on him and put him to death, and, cutting off his head, they took it with them and went by the road through the Arabah all night.
How much more when wicked men kill a righteous man in his own house on his own bed! So now, should I not require his blood from your hands and wipe you off the earth?"
And David gave orders to his young men and they put them to death, cutting off their hands and their feet and hanging them up by the side of the pool in Hebron. But they took the head of Ish-bosheth and put it in its last resting-place with Abner's body in Hebron.
The Philistines abandoned their idols there, and David and his men carried them off.
And I have been with you wherever you went, cutting off before you all those who were against you; and I will make your name great, like the name of the greatest ones of the earth.
And yet this is little in Thine eyes, Lord Jehovah, and Thou dost speak also concerning the house of Thy servant afar off; and this is the law of the Man, Lord Jehovah.
He also defeated the Moabites, and after making them lie down on the ground, he measured them off with a cord. He measured every two cord lengths [of those] to be put to death and one length [of those] to be kept alive. So the Moabites became David's subjects and brought tribute.
Wherefore Hanun took David's servants, and shaved off the one half of their beards, and cut off their garments in the middle, even to their buttocks, and sent them away.
When the Ammonites saw the Arameans retreating, they also retreated from Abishai back to the city. Then Joab broke off his attack against the Ammonites and went back to Jerusalem.
One spring day, during the time of year when kings go off to war, David sent out Joab, along with his personal staff and all of Israel's army. They utterly destroyed the Ammonites and then attacked Rabbah while David remained in Jerusalem.
And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.
then, it hath been, if the king's fury ascend, and he hath said to thee, Wherefore did ye draw nigh unto the city to fight? did ye not know that they shoot from off the wall?
And the shooters shot from off the wall upon thy servants; and some of the king's servants be dead, and thy servant Uriah the Hittite is dead also.
And he took their king's crown from off his head, the weight whereof was a talent of gold with the precious stones: and it was set on David's head. And he brought forth the spoil of the city in great abundance.
Tamar rubbed her head with ashes, tore her tunic that she was wearing, put her hand to her head, and ran off, crying aloud as she went away.
When he shaved his head-he shaved [it] every year because [his hair] got so heavy for him that he had to shave it off-he would weigh the hair from his head and it would be five pounds according to the royal standard.
"Look," Absalom explained to Joab, "I sent for you and said, 'Come here. I want to send you to the king to ask: Why have I come back from Geshur? I'd be better off if I were still there.' So now, let me see the king. If I am guilty, let him kill me."
And the king went forth, and all the people after him, and tarried in a place that was far off.
Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head.
A little while later, the men crawled up out of the well and went off to talk to King David. They told David, "Get up! Cross the water quickly, because this is what Ahithophel advised about you""
Then ten soldiers who were Joab's armor bearers struck Absalom and finished him off.
Afterwards, Joab blew the ram's horn, and the troops broke off their pursuit of Israel because Joab restrained them.
Joab then said to the Cushite, "Go tell the king what you have seen." The Cushite bowed to Joab and took off running.
Barzillai the Gileadite had come down from Rogelim and accompanied the king to the Jordan River to see him off at the Jordan.
Everybody from Judah shouted to the men from Israel, "We did this because the king is closely related to us. So why are you angry about this? Have we lived off the king's expense? Have we appropriated anything for ourselves?"
While Amasa lay wallowing in his blood in the middle of the highway, everybody who passed by was stopping to stare at him, so when the soldier saw that all of the army was stopping, he carried Amasa off the highway into a nearby field and covered him with a garment.
When he had been taken off the road, all the people went on after Joab in search of Sheba, the son of Bichri.
And mine enemies -- Thou givest to me the neck, Those hating me -- and I cut them off.
he hath arisen, and smiteth among the Philistines till that his hand hath been weary, and his hand cleaveth unto the sword, and Jehovah worketh a great salvation on that day, and the people turn back after him only to strip off.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (68)
- Exodus (31)
- Leviticus (35)
- Numbers (27)
- Deuteronomy (33)
- Joshua (17)
- Judges (27)
- Ruth (6)
- 1 Samuel (40)
- 2 Samuel (34)
- 1 Kings (33)
- 2 Kings (45)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (34)
- Ezra (3)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (8)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (70)
- Proverbs (20)
- Ecclesiastes (6)
- Song of Songs (4)
- Isaiah (73)
- Jeremiah (122)
- Lamentations (12)
- Ezekiel (82)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (14)
- Joel (7)
- Amos (13)
- Obadiah (2)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (7)
- Nahum (6)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (4)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (6)
- Malachi (1)
- Off-scouring (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Off-times (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offal (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Offence (28 instances in 7 translations)
- Offenceless (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Offences (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Offend (34 instances in 11 translations)
- Offended (46 instances in 11 translations)
- Offender (16 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenders (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Offending (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offends (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Offense (60 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenses (28 instances in 8 translations)
- Offensive (29 instances in 6 translations)
- Offer (534 instances in 14 translations)
- Offered (392 instances in 14 translations)
- Offerer (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Offerest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offereth (29 instances in 4 translations)
- Offering (959 instances in 14 translations)
- Offering's (21 instances in 1 translation)
- Offerings (561 instances in 14 translations)
- Offeror (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Offers (47 instances in 10 translations)
- Offhand (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Office (80 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Officers (201 instances in 13 translations)
- Offices (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Official (92 instances in 8 translations)
- Official's (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Officially (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Officials (338 instances in 9 translations)
- Officiate (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Officiated (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Officiating (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offset (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Offsets (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Offshoot (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offshoots (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Offspring (285 instances in 14 translations)
- Offspring's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Animal Offspring
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Burnt offering
- Cutting Off Branches
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Death Of Office Holders
- Divine Assistance, Offered
- Fellowship Offering
- Food Offered To Idols
- Freewill Offering
- Grain Offering
- Guilt Offering
- Incense Offered Amiss
- Making Cereal Offerings And Libations
- Meat offerings
- Offences Against The Holy Spirit
- Offering Sacrifices
- Offerings, Figurative
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Peace offerings
- People Stripping Off
- Permitted To Eat Offerings
- Praise, Should Be Offered By
- Prayer, Offered With
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Regulations For Cereal Offerings
- Regulations For The Sin Offering
- Remaining Offerings
- Sin Offering
- Spiritual Offspring
- Thank Offering
- Thanksgiving, Offered
- The Saints, Without Offence
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Wave Offerings
- Drink offering