'Reasons' in the Bible
"I will defend this city and preserve it for my own reasons, and because of my servant David.'"
Behold, I waited for your words; I gave ear to your reasons, whilst ye searched out what to say.
But He finds reasons to oppose me;He regards me as His enemy.
And my tongue shall declare Your righteousness (justice),And Your praise all the day long.
Every day I will bless You and lovingly praise You;Yes, [with awe-inspired reverence] I will praise Your name forever and ever.
Produce your cause, saith the LORD; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.
(For the Pharisees and all of the Jews do not eat unless they carefully wash their hands, holding firmly to the traditions of the elders;
And they all gave reasons why they were not able to come. The first said to him, I have got a new field, and it is necessary for me to go and see it: I am full of regret that I am unable to come.
For these reasons, then, I have invited you here, that I might see you and speak to you; for it is for the sake of Him who is the hope of Israel that this chain hangs upon me."
Do I say these things only from a man’s perspective? Does the Law not endorse the same principles?
Therefore, show these men, in the sight of the churches, the proof of your love and our reason for being proud of you.
Since many boast for merely human reasons, I too will boast.
-- though mine too are significant. If someone thinks he has good reasons to put confidence in human credentials, I have more:
and you have forgotten the exhortation which reasons with you as with children, "My son, don't take lightly the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are reproved by him;
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Ill-reasoning (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Reason (554 instances in 13 translations)
- Reasonable (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Reasonableness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Reasonably (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Reasoned (29 instances in 12 translations)
- Reasoner (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Reasoneth (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Reasoning (46 instances in 13 translations)
- Reasonings (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Treason (7 instances in 9 translations)
- Treasonous (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unreasonable (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Unreasoning (3 instances in 4 translations)