'Tempered' in the Bible
And unleavened bread, and cakes unleavened tempered with oil, and wafers unleavened anointed with oil: of wheaten flour shalt thou make them.
And thou shalt make it a perfume, a confection after the art of the apothecary, tempered together, pure and holy:
A quick-tempered man acts foolishly,and a man who schemes is hated.
A patient person shows great understanding,but a quick-tempered one promotes foolishness.
A hot-tempered man stirs up conflict,but a man slow to anger calms strife.
He who spares his words has knowledge. He who is even tempered is a man of understanding.
Better to live in a wildernessthan with a nagging and hot-tempered wife.
Don’t make friends with an angry man,and don’t be a companion of a hot-tempered man,
An angry man stirs up conflict,and a hot-tempered man increases rebellion.
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
For an overseer, as God’s administrator, must be blameless, not arrogant, not hot-tempered, not addicted to wine, not a bully, not greedy for money,
- Even-tempered (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hot-tempered (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Ill-tempered (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Intemperance (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Intemperate (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Mild-tempered (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Quick-tempered (4 instances in 5 translations)