'Hill Country Of Ephraim' in the Bible
And they buried him within the boundary of his inheritance in Timnath-heres in the hill country of Ephraim, north of Mount Gaash.
When he arrived, he blew a trumpet in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went down from the hill country, with him at their head.
She sat under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites came up to her for judgment.
And Gideon sent messengers throughout all the hill country of Ephraim, saying, Come down against the Midianites and take all the intervening fords as far as Beth-barah and also the Jordan. So all the men of Ephraim were gathered together and took all the fords as far as Beth-barah and also the Jordan.
After Abimelech there arose to rescue Israel, Tola son of Puah, the son of Dodo, a man of Issachar; and he lived at Shamir in the hill country of Ephraim.
There was a man of the hill country of Ephraim whose name was Micah.
And the man departed from the town of Bethlehem in Judah to sojourn where he could find a place, and as he journeyed he came to the hill country of Ephraim to the house of Micah.
So the Danites sent from the whole number of their tribe five brave men from Zorah and Eshtaol to spy out the land and to explore it, and they said to them, Go, explore the land. They came to the hill country of Ephraim, to the house of Micah, and lodged there.
And they passed from there to the hill country of Ephraim and came to Micah's house.
In those days there was no king in Israel; there was a man, a Levite, who dwelled as a foreigner in the remote areas of the hill country of Ephraim. And he took for himself a concubine from Bethlehem in Judah.
And behold, an old man was coming from his work in the field at evening. He was from the hill country of Ephraim but was living temporarily in Gibeah, but the men of the place were Benjamites.
The Levite replied, We are passing from Bethlehem of Judah to the rear side of the hill country of Ephraim; I am from there. I went to Bethlehem of Judah, but I am [now] going [home] to the house of the Lord [where I serve], and there is no man who receives me into his house.
- Bare Hill (7 instances in 7 translations)
- Distant Country (13 instances in 20 translations)
- Every High Hill (8 instances in 22 translations)
- Far Country (22 instances in 24 translations)
- Hill of the Lord (8 instances in 8 translations)
- Hill of Zion (13 instances in 10 translations)
- His Holy Hill (3 instances in 15 translations)
- Holy Hill (21 instances in 17 translations)
- Into a Far Country (7 instances in 14 translations)
- Mount Ephraim (34 instances in 15 translations)
- Mountains of Ephraim (19 instances in 5 translations)
- Open Country (67 instances in 13 translations)
- Spy Out the Country (5 instances in 12 translations)
- Under The Hill (4 instances in 5 translations)
- View The Country (1 instance in 4 translations)