'Bite' in the Bible
In response, the LORD sent poisonous serpents among the people to bite them. As a result, many people of Israel died.
On the fourth day they woke up early and the Levite got ready to leave. But the girl's father said to his son-in-law, "Have a bite to eat for some energy, then you can go."
Why shouldn't I bite my flesh or take my life in my hands?
When I tripped, they taunted me relentlessly, and tried to bite me.
My heart was made bitter, and I was pained by the bite of grief:
He sent swarms of insects to bite them and frogs to destroy them.
They make their tonguesas sharp as a snake’s bite;viper’s venom is under their lips.Selah
Eventually it will bite like a snake and sting like a serpent.
He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.
Surely the serpent will bite without enchantment; and a babbler is no better.
For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD.
It will be like a man who flees from a liononly to have a bear confront him.He goes home and rests his hand against the wallonly to have a snake bite him.
And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them:
Thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.
Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake that shall vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them?
But when Paul had got some sticks together and put them on the fire, a snake came out, because of the heat, and gave him a bite on the hand.
But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast so that darkness covered his kingdom, and people began to bite their tongues because of their pain.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Bit (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Bites (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Biteth (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Biting (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Bitron (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Bits (64 instances in 11 translations)
- Bitten (6 instances in 11 translations)
- Bitter (218 instances in 13 translations)
- Bitterest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Bitterly (51 instances in 13 translations)
- Bittern (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Bitterness (45 instances in 12 translations)
- Bitternesses (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Bitters (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Bitumen (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Bitumen-pits (1 instance in 1 translation)