'Boast' in the Bible
If you swear, "as surely as the LORD lives,' in truth, in justice, and in righteousness, then nations will be blessed by him, and in him they will boast."
This is what the Lord says: The wise must not boast in his wisdom; the mighty must not boast in his might; the rich must not boast in his riches.
But the one who boasts should boast in this, that he understands and knows Me- that I am the Lord, showing faithful love, justice, and righteousness on the earth, for I delight in these things. [This is] the Lord's declaration.
How long must the land be parched and the grass in every field be withered? How long must the animals and the birds die because of the wickedness of the people who live in this land? For these people boast, "God will not see what happens to us."
Listen, you who sit enthroned above the valley on a rocky plateau. I am opposed to you,' says the Lord. 'You boast, "No one can swoop down on us. No one can penetrate into our places of refuge."
Go up, ye horses; and boast yourselves, ye chariots, And go forth, ye mighty, Cush and Phut handling the shield, And Lud handling -- treading the bow.
I know his outburst. [This is]*The bracketed text has been added for clarity. the Lord's declaration. It is empty. His boast is empty.
Why do you brag about your valleys, your flowing valley, you faithless daughter? You who trust in your treasures [and boast]: Who can attack me?
A sword is on her waters, and they have been dried up, For it is a land of graven images, And in idols they do boast themselves.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Boar (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Board (50 instances in 14 translations)
- Board-work (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Boarded (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Boarding (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Boards (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Boars (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Boasted (11 instances in 12 translations)
- Boaster (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Boasters (5 instances in 9 translations)
- Boastest (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Boasteth (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Boastful (22 instances in 11 translations)
- Boastfully (8 instances in 4 translations)
- Boasting (58 instances in 13 translations)
- Boastings (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Boasts (24 instances in 10 translations)
- Boat (55 instances in 14 translations)
- Boatmen (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Boats (13 instances in 13 translations)