'Earth' in the Bible
And Bath-sheba went down on her face on the earth before the king giving him honour. And he said, What is your desire?
and they declare to the king, saying, 'Lo, Nathan the prophet;' and he cometh in before the king, and boweth himself to the king, on his face to the earth.
Then Bathsheba bowed with her face to the earth, and did reverence to the king, and said, Let my lord king David live for ever.
And all the people came up after him, and the people piped with pipes, and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them.
And Solomon said, If he will shew himself a worthy man, there shall not an hair of him fall to the earth: but if wickedness shall be found in him, he shall die.
I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man;
Then David went to rest with his fathers, and his body was put into the earth in the town of David.
So Bath-sheba went to King Solomon to have talk with him on Adonijah's account. And the king got up to come to her, and went down low to the earth before her; then he took his place on the king's seat and had a seat made ready for the king's mother and she took her place at his right hand.
And the king said, Do as he has said and make an attack on him there, and put his body into the earth; so that you may take away from me and from my family the blood of one put to death by Joab without cause.
He made sayings about all plants, from the cedar in Lebanon to the hyssop hanging on the wall; and about all beasts and birds and fishes and the small things of the earth.
And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom.
The king had them cast in earth foundries in the region of the Jordan between Succoth and Zarethan.
And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart:
"LORD God of Israel, there is no one like you, God in heaven above or on the earth below, who watches over his covenant, showing gracious love to your servants who live their lives in your presence with all their hearts. It is you, LORD God, who have kept your promise to my father, your servant David, that you made to him. Indeed, you made a commitment to my father David and then personally fulfilled what you had promised today.
But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
When there is famine on the earth, when there is pestilence, when there is blight, mildew, locust, or grasshopper, when their enemy besieges them in the region of their fortified cities, [when there is] any plague or illness,
Hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as do thy people Israel; and that they may know that this house, which I have builded, is called by thy name.
For thou didst separate them from among all the people of the earth, to be thine inheritance, as thou spakest by the hand of Moses thy servant, when thou broughtest our fathers out of Egypt, O Lord GOD.
That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.
So king Solomon exceeded all the kings of the earth for riches and for wisdom.
And all the earth sought to Solomon, to hear his wisdom, which God had put in his heart.
And when David had sent destruction on Edom, and Joab, the captain of the army, had gone to put the dead into the earth, and had put to death every male in Edom;
And Solomon went to rest with his fathers, and was put into the earth in the town of David his father: and Solomon went to rest with his fathers and Rehoboam his son became king in his place.
And when he had put it to rest, he said to his sons, When I am dead, then you are to put my body into the earth with the body of this man of God, and put me by his bones so that my bones may be kept safe with his bones.
And this thing became sin unto the house of Jeroboam, even to cut it off, and to destroy it from off the face of the earth.
And all Israel will put his body to rest, weeping over him, because he only of the family of Jeroboam will be put into his resting-place in the earth; for of all the family of Jeroboam, in him only has the Lord, the God of Israel, seen some good.
And Rehoboam went to rest with his fathers, and was put into the earth with his fathers in the town of David; his mother's name was Naamah, an Ammonite woman. And Abijam his son became king in his place.
Then Abijam went to rest with his fathers, and they put him into the earth in the town of David: and Asa his son became king in his place.
So Asa went to rest with his fathers and was put into the earth in the town of David his father: and Jehoshaphat his son became king in his place.
And Baasha went to rest with his fathers, and was put into the earth at Tirzah; and Elah his son became king in his place.
So Omri went to rest with his fathers, and was put into the earth in Samaria; and Ahab his son became king in his place.
For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
And it came to pass after many days, that the word of the LORD came to Elijah in the third year, saying, Go, shew thyself unto Ahab; and I will send rain upon the earth.
So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,
And stretching himself on the earth, he went to sleep under the broom-plant; but an angel, touching him, said to him, Get up and have some food.
Then he said, Go out and take your place on the mountain before the Lord. Then the Lord went by, and mountains were parted by the force of a great wind, and rocks were broken before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind there was an earth-shock, but the Lord was not in the earth-shock.
And after the earth-shock a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire, the sound of a soft breath.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (125)
- Exodus (31)
- Leviticus (23)
- Numbers (17)
- Deuteronomy (51)
- Joshua (14)
- Judges (19)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (30)
- 2 Samuel (29)
- 1 Kings (38)
- 2 Kings (32)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (30)
- Ezra (6)
- Nehemiah (5)
- Esther (2)
- Job (84)
- Psalm (171)
- Proverbs (19)
- Ecclesiastes (44)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (138)
- Jeremiah (84)
- Lamentations (11)
- Ezekiel (58)
- Daniel (36)
- Hosea (9)
- Joel (10)
- Amos (17)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (3)
- Habakkuk (9)
- Zephaniah (8)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (19)
- Malachi (1)
- Ear (682 instances in 14 translations)
- Ear's (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Eared (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Earing (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earlier (74 instances in 10 translations)
- Earliest (35 instances in 7 translations)
- Earlobe (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Earlobes (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Early (180 instances in 14 translations)
- Earn (10 instances in 6 translations)
- Earned (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Earner (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Earners (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earnest (42 instances in 12 translations)
- Earnestly (214 instances in 13 translations)
- Earnestness (14 instances in 8 translations)
- Earneth (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Earning (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Earnings (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Earns (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Earring (8 instances in 11 translations)
- Earrings (15 instances in 12 translations)
- Ears (459 instances in 14 translations)
- Earshot (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Eart (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earth's (54 instances in 7 translations)
- Earth-jehovah (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthborn (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthen (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Earthenware (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Earthlies (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthly (62 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthly-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthquake (17 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthquakes (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthward (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthwork (8 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthworks (10 instances in 2 translations)
- Earthy (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Apostles, During Jesus Earthly Ministry
- Buried In The City Of David
- Christ With People On Earth
- Christ's Earthly Family
- Clothing The Earth
- Covering The Earth
- Creation Of The Earth
- Earth On Fire
- Earth's Foundation
- Earth, Belonging To God
- Earth, Creation Of
- Earth, Description Of
- Earth, Destruction Of
- Earth, God Sustaining
- Earth, God's Glory
- Earth, Judgment Of
- Earth, Promises About
- Earthly Armies
- God Feeds All The Earth
- God Seeing All The Earth
- God Shaking The Earth
- God's Voice
- Heaven And Earth
- Heaven Better Than Earth
- Kings Of All Israel Or Judah
- Millennial Kingdom, Christ Supreme On The Earth
- Millennial Kingdom, Earth Filled With Knowledge Of God
- New Earth
- New Heavens And New Earth
- No Earthly Inheritance
- Sleep, And Death
- Storing Treasure On Earth
- The Earth Filled With God
- Violence In The Earth