'Fir' in the Bible
And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.
And Hiram sent to Solomon, saying, I have considered the things which thou sentest to me for: and I will do all thy desire concerning timber of cedar, and concerning timber of fir.
So Hiram gave Solomon cedar trees and fir trees according to all his desire.
And he built the walls of the house within with boards of cedar, both the floor of the house, and the walls of the cieling: and he covered them on the inside with wood, and covered the floor of the house with planks of fir.
And the two doors were of fir tree: the two leaves of the one door were folding, and the two leaves of the other door were folding.
(Now Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with cedar trees and fir trees, and with gold, according to all his desire,) that then king Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee.
By thy messengers thou hast reproached the Lord, and hast said, With the multitude of my chariots I am come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon, and will cut down the tall cedar trees thereof, and the choice fir trees thereof: and I will enter into the lodgings of his borders, and into the forest of his Carmel.
Send me also cedar trees, fir trees, and algum trees, out of Lebanon: for I know that thy servants can skill to cut timber in Lebanon; and, behold, my servants shall be with thy servants,
And the greater house he cieled with fir tree, which he overlaid with fine gold, and set thereon palm trees and chains.
Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house.
The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.
Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.
By thy servants hast thou reproached the Lord, and hast said, By the multitude of my chariots am I come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon; and I will cut down the tall cedars thereof, and the choice fir trees thereof: and I will enter into the height of his border, and the forest of his Carmel.
I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:
Surely he cuts cedars for himself, and takes a cypress or an oak and raises it for himself among the trees of the forest. He plants a fir, and the rain makes it grow.
Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.
The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
They have made all thy ship boards of fir trees of Senir: they have taken cedars from Lebanon to make masts for thee.
The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chesnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.
The shield of his mighty men is made red, the valiant men are in scarlet: the chariots shall be with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Fir-pine (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fir-tree (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Fir-trees (10 instances in 2 translations)
- Fir-wood (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire (641 instances in 14 translations)
- Fire-brand (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Fire-brands (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Fire-offering (47 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-offerings (18 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-pan (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Fire-pans (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Fire-roasted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fired (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Firelight (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Fireplace (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Firepot (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Firepots (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fires (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Firewood (19 instances in 6 translations)
- Firing (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Firkins (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Firm (158 instances in 13 translations)
- Firm-footed (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firmament (20 instances in 7 translations)
- Firmer (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Firmly (91 instances in 9 translations)
- Firmness (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Firs (12 instances in 4 translations)
- First (846 instances in 14 translations)
- First-born (133 instances in 13 translations)
- First-class (1 instance in 1 translation)
- First-fruit (27 instances in 12 translations)
- First-fruits (51 instances in 14 translations)
- First-ripe (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Firstbegotten (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firsthand (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Firstling (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Firstlings (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Fir (22 instances)
- Answers By Fire
- Being First
- Cedar Wood
- Christ The Firstborn
- Christmas Tree
- Death Of The Firstborn
- Earth On Fire
- Expanse [The Firmament]
- Family First
- Felling Trees
- Fir Trees
- Fire Emanating From God
- Fire From God's Servants
- Fire From Heaven
- Fire Of Christ
- Fire Of Evil
- Fire Of God's Anger
- Fire Of God's Word
- Fire Of Hell
- Fire Of Judgement
- Fire Of The Spirit
- First Actions
- First Among The Gentiles
- First Death
- First Ones
- First Resurrection
- First Things
- First To Act
- First To Fight
- First fruits
- Firstborn Daughters
- Firstborn Sons
- God Appearing In Fire
- How First Resurrection Is Spread Out
- Inward Fire
- Lake Of Fire
- Metaphorical Firstfruits
- Putting God First
- Sacrificing The Firstborn
- Saved From Fire
- Signs Attending Christ
- Standing Firm
- The First Day Of The Week
- The First Sight Of Christ
- The First Temple
- The Holy Spirit Described As Fire
- To The Jew First