'Hand' in the Bible
these are the names of the sons of Aaron, the anointed priests, whose hand he hath consecrated for acting as priest.
This is the service of the families of the sons of Gershon in the tabernacle of the congregation: and their charge shall be under the hand of Ithamar the son of Aaron the priest.
This is the service of the families of the sons of Merari, according to all their service, in the tabernacle of the congregation, under the hand of Ithamar the son of Aaron the priest.
So Moses and Aaron and the chiefs of the people took in hand the numbering of the sons of the Kohathites, by families, in the order of their fathers' houses;
These were they that were numbered of the families of the Kohathites, all that might do service in the tabernacle of the congregation, which Moses and Aaron did number according to the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.
These be those that were numbered of the families of the sons of Merari, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.
According to the commandment of the LORD they were numbered by the hand of Moses, every one according to his service, and according to his burden: thus were they numbered of him, as the LORD commanded Moses.
And the priest shall set the woman before the LORD, and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causeth the curse:
Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the LORD, and offer it upon the altar:
And he will take some of it in his hand, burning it on the altar as a sign, and then he will give the woman the bitter water.
This is the law of the Nazarite who hath vowed, and of his offering unto the LORD for his separation, beside that that his hand shall get: according to the vow which he vowed, so he must do after the law of his separation.
And four wagons and eight oxen he gave unto the sons of Merari, according unto their service, under the hand of Ithamar the son of Aaron the priest.
At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed: they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.
And they first took their journey according to the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.
And if thou deal thus with me, kill me, I pray thee, out of hand, if I have found favour in thy sight; and let me not see my wretchedness.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Is the LORD'S hand waxed short? thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not.
You will certainly never enter the land about which I made an oath with my uplifted hand to settle you in it, except for Jephunneh's son Caleb and Nun's son Joshua.
Even all that the LORD hath commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day that the LORD commanded Moses, and henceforward among your generations;
"But if some person acts with a high hand, whether a native-born or a resident alien, he blasphemes God, and that person is to be eliminated from among his people.
To be a memorial unto the children of Israel, that no stranger, which is not of the seed of Aaron, come near to offer incense before the LORD; that he be not as Korah, and as his company: as the LORD said to him by the hand of Moses.
And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.
Let us pass, I pray thee, through thy country: we will not pass through the fields, or through the vineyards, neither will we drink of the water of the wells: we will go by the king's high way, we will not turn to the right hand nor to the left, until we have passed thy borders.
And he said, Thou shalt not go through. And Edom came out against him with much people, and with a strong hand.
And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities.
For Heshbon was the city of Sihon the king of the Amorites, who had fought against the former king of Moab, and taken all his land out of his hand, even unto Arnon.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Fear him not: for I have delivered him into thy hand, and all his people, and his land; and thou shalt do to him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon.
And the elders of Moab and the elders of Midian departed with the rewards of divination in their hand; and they came unto Balaam, and spake unto him the words of Balak.
And the ass saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and the ass turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the ass, to turn her into the way.
And the angel of the LORD went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.
And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
Then the LORD opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.
I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not close at hand. A star will march forth out of Jacob, and a scepter will rise out of Israel. He will crush the skulls of Moab, and the heads of all the sons of Sheth.
The ships [will come] from the hand of the Kittim, and they will afflict Asshur and will afflict Eber; also he [will be] forever ruin."
And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and took a javelin in his hand;
And the LORD said unto Moses, Take thee Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the spirit, and lay thine hand upon him;
And he laid his hands upon him, and gave him a charge, as the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.
And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand.
and they said to Moses, Thy servants have taken the sum of the men of war who were under our hand, and there is not one man of us lacking.
These are the journeys of the children of Israel, which went forth out of the land of Egypt with their armies under the hand of Moses and Aaron.
And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the passover the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians.
If a man has in his hand a stone capable of causing death and strikes another man and he dies, the murderer must be put to death.
Or if he smite him with an hand weapon of wood, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
Or in enmity smite him with his hand, that he die: he that smote him shall surely be put to death; for he is a murderer: the revenger of blood shall slay the murderer, when he meeteth him.
And the congregation shall deliver the slayer out of the hand of the revenger of blood, and the congregation shall restore him to the city of his refuge, whither he was fled: and he shall abide in it unto the death of the high priest, which was anointed with the holy oil.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (82)
- Exodus (101)
- Leviticus (62)
- Numbers (45)
- Deuteronomy (83)
- Joshua (42)
- Judges (86)
- Ruth (4)
- 1 Samuel (111)
- 2 Samuel (55)
- 1 Kings (52)
- 2 Kings (71)
- 1 Chronicles (41)
- 2 Chronicles (76)
- Ezra (21)
- Nehemiah (35)
- Esther (18)
- Job (62)
- Psalm (107)
- Proverbs (29)
- Ecclesiastes (13)
- Song of Songs (5)
- Isaiah (103)
- Jeremiah (86)
- Lamentations (12)
- Ezekiel (110)
- Daniel (25)
- Hosea (6)
- Joel (4)
- Amos (6)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (5)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (16)
- Malachi (6)
- Matthew (48)
- Mark (35)
- Luke (34)
- John (24)
- Acts (41)
- Romans (7)
- 1 Corinthians (7)
- 2 Corinthians (7)
- Galatians (6)
- Ephesians (2)
- Philippians (1)
- Colossians (3)
- 2 Thessalonians (4)
- 1 Timothy (1)
- 2 Timothy (4)
- Titus (1)
- Philemon (1)
- Hebrews (16)
- James (3)
- 1 Peter (6)
- 2 Peter (2)
- 1 John (1)
- Revelation (21)
- Hand's (11 instances in 3 translations)
- Hand-baskets (7 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-breadth (10 instances in 10 translations)
- Hand-breadths (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Hand-carried (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Hand-drum (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-drums (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-loom (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mill (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Hand-mills (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-mirrors (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-picked (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Hand-sawed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hand-staves (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hand-to-hand (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handbags (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Handcuffs (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handed (232 instances in 12 translations)
- Handful (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Handfuls (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Handicaps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handing (27 instances in 5 translations)
- Handiwork (13 instances in 8 translations)
- Handiworks (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Handkerchief (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Handkerchiefs (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Handle (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Handled (15 instances in 9 translations)
- Handler (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handlers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handles (10 instances in 12 translations)
- Handleth (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handling (12 instances in 10 translations)
- Handmade (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handmaiden (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Handmaidens (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Handmaids (20 instances in 8 translations)
- Handouts (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Hands (1101 instances in 14 translations)
- Handsome (22 instances in 8 translations)
- Handsomely (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handspikes (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwork (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Handworker (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Handwriting (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Handywork (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Beacon (3 instances)
- Copy (21 instances)
- Deal (223 instances)
- Deliver (548 instances)
- Finger (39 instances)
- Forefinger (4 instances)
- Hand (1873 instances)
- Handwriting (6 instances)
- Instrumentality (7 instances)
- Line (161 instances)
- Pass (1265 instances)
- Paw (5 instances)
- Angels Hands
- Blessings For The Right Hand
- Christ's Hands
- Christ's Right Hand
- Counting Levites
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Diseased Hands
- Empty Handed
- Evil For The Right Hand
- Given Into One's Hands
- God Handing Over
- God's Hand
- God's Hands In Opposition
- God's Hands On People
- God's Hands Stretched Out
- Hand Of God
- Handing Over Christ
- Handing Over People
- Hands On Heads
- Idle Hands
- Laying Hands On Sacrifices
- Laying On Hands For Evil
- Laying On Hands For The Holy Spirit
- Laying On Hands To Commission
- Laying On Hands To Heal
- Laying On Of Hands
- Left Hand Side
- Left Handed
- Left Hands
- Lifting Hands
- Not Given Into One's Hands
- Right Hand Of God
- Shaking Hands
- Taking By The Hand
- Those God Gave Into Their Hands
- To Be Given Into One's Hands
- Waving The Hand