'Parties' in the Bible
Therefore that place was called Beersheba [well of the oath], because there both parties swore an oath.
They replied, "We have clearly seen how the Lord has been with you. We think there should be an oath between two parties-between us and you. Let us make a covenant with you:
For all manner of trespass, whether it be for ox, for ass, for sheep, for raiment, or for any manner of lost thing, which another challengeth to be his, the cause of both parties shall come before the judges; and whom the judges shall condemn, he shall pay double unto his neighbour.
then both parties to the controversy must stand before the Lord, that is, before the priests and judges who will be in office in those days.
So Jephthah escaped from his brothers and lived in the territory of Tob, where worthless men gathered themselves around him and went out on raiding parties with him.
Raiding parties went out from the Philistine camp in three divisions. One division headed toward the Ophrah road leading to the land of Shual.
Terror spread through the [Philistine] camp and the open fields to all the troops. Even the garrison and the raiding parties were terrified. The earth shook, and terror from God spread.
Saul's son had two men who were leaders of raiding parties: one named Baanah and the other Rechab, sons of Rimmon the Beerothite of the Benjaminites. Beeroth is also considered part of Benjamin,
The army of Israel was divided into two parties: half of the army were loyal to Ginath's son Tibni and wanted to make him king, and half were loyal to Omri.
Raiding parties went out from Syria and took captive from the land of Israel a young girl, who became a servant to Naaman's wife.
So he threw a big banquet for them and they ate and drank. Then he sent them back to their master. After that no Syrian raiding parties again invaded the land of Israel.
Elisha died and was buried. Moabite raiding parties invaded the land at the beginning of the year.
The LORD sent raiding parties from the Chaldeans, Arameans, Moabites, and Ammonites against Jehoiakim. He sent them against Judah to destroy it, in keeping with the message from the LORD that he had spoken through his servants, the prophets.
"You are to carry out your duties in the fear of the LORD, serving him faithfully with your whole heart. No matter what case comes before you from your fellow citizens who live in their own cities, whether it's a dispute between blood relatives or a dispute regarding the Law and the commands, statutes, or verdicts, you are to warn the parties so that they do not become guilty in the LORD's presence and so that anger does not come upon you and your fellow citizens.
They have stringed instruments, tambourines, flutes, and wine at their parties. So they do not recognize what the Lord is doing, they do not perceive what he is bringing about.
The customer will no longer pay the seller while both parties are alive, for the vision against their whole crowd will not be revoked. Each person, for his iniquity, will fail to preserve his life.
and if a family splits into parties, that family cannot continue.
and to occupy the best seats in the synagogues and at dinner parties,
But He said to His disciples, "Make them sit down in parties of about fifty each."
For from this time there will be in one house five persons split into parties. Three will form a party against two and two will form a party against three;
At length the people of the city split into parties, some siding with the Jews and some with the Apostles.
Let's behave decently, as people who live in the light of day. No wild parties, drunkenness, sexual immorality, promiscuity, quarreling, or jealousy!
What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Ministering servants [not heads of parties] through whom you believed, even as the Lord appointed to each his task:
Now I have applied all this [about parties and factions] to myself and Apollos for your sakes, brethren, so that from what I have said of us [as illustrations], you may learn [to think of men in accordance with Scripture and] not to go beyond that which is written, that none of you may be puffed up and inflated with pride and boast in favor of one [minister and teacher] against another.
For doubtless there have to be factions or parties among you in order that they who are genuine and of approved fitness may become evident and plainly recognized among you.
idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties,
For you spent enough time in the past doing what the gentiles like to do, living in sensuality, sinful desires, drunkenness, wild celebrations, drinking parties, and detestable idolatry.
suffering harm as punishment for their wrongdoing. They take pleasure in wild parties in broad daylight. They are stains and blemishes, reveling in their deceitful pleasures while they eat with you.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Departing (30 instances in 12 translations)
- Impartial (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Impartially (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Imparting (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Joint-participation (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Partial (19 instances in 10 translations)
- Partiality (30 instances in 12 translations)
- Partially (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Participant (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Participants (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Participate (23 instances in 9 translations)
- Participated (9 instances in 4 translations)
- Participates (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Participating (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Participation (15 instances in 10 translations)
- Participator (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Participators (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Particle (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Particular (35 instances in 11 translations)
- Particularly (11 instances in 8 translations)
- Particulars (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Parting (27 instances in 11 translations)
- Parting-gifts (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Partings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Partisan (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Partisans (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Partition (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Partitioned (2 instances in 2 translations)