'Threshed' in the Bible
And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.
And Gideon saith, 'Therefore -- in Jehovah's giving Zebah and Zalmunna into my hand -- I have threshed your flesh with the thorns of the wilderness, and with the threshing instruments.'
He seized the leaders of the city, along with some desert thorns and briers; he then "threshed" the men of Succoth with them.
So Ruth gathered grain out in the field until dusk, and then threshed what she had gathered about a week's supply of barley.
After Boaz had finished eating and drinking to his heart's content, he went over and lay down next to the pile of threshed grain. Ruth came in quietly, uncovered his feet, and lay down.
My downtrodden and threshed people, I have declared to you what I have heard from the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel.
For the hand of the Lord shall rest on this Mount [Zion], and Moab shall be threshed and trodden down in his place as straw is trodden down in the [filthy] water of a [primitive] cesspit.
For the fitches are not threshed with a threshing instrument, neither is a cart wheel turned about upon the cummin; but the fitches are beaten out with a staff, and the cummin with a rod.
Bread grain is crushed, but is not threshed endlessly. Though the wheel of [the farmer's] cart rumbles, his horses do not crush it.
Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Damascus, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have threshed Gilead with threshing instruments of iron:
But they do not know what the Lord is planning; they do not understand his strategy. He has gathered them like stalks of grain to be threshed at the threshing floor.
You marched through the land in indignation; You trampled and threshed the nations in anger.
- Thresh (11 instances in 12 translations)
- Thresher (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Threshes (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Threshest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Thresheth (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Threshing (26 instances in 12 translations)
- Threshing-floor (40 instances in 13 translations)
- Threshing-floors (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Threshing-sledge (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Threshing-sledges (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Threshing-wain (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Threshingplace (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Threshold (31 instances in 12 translations)
- Thresholds (13 instances in 12 translations)