'Timing' in the Bible
These things I [earnestly] remember and pour myself out within me: how I went slowly before the throng and led them in procession to the house of God [like a bandmaster before his band, timing the steps to the sound of music and the chant of song], with the voice of shouting and praise, a throng keeping festival.
I considered and observed on earth the following: The race doesn't go to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor food to the wise, nor wealth to the smart, nor recognition to the skilled. Instead, timing and circumstances meet them all.
In addition, no human being knows his time: Like fish captured in a cruel net, or as birds caught in a snare, so also are human beings caught by bad timing that surprises them.
- Timber (47 instances in 12 translations)
- Timbers (14 instances in 8 translations)
- Timbrel (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Timbrels (9 instances in 8 translations)
- Time (2211 instances in 14 translations)
- Timeless (1 instance in 1 translation)