'For Us' in the Bible
who encourages us in all our affliction, in order for us to be able to encourage those in every affliction, through the encouragement of which we ourselves are encouraged by God.
For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, about our affliction that happened to us in Asia, because we were extraordinarily weighed down, above strength, so as for us to despair even to be alive.
ye also labouring together by supplication for us that the gift towards us, through means of many persons, may be the subject of the thanksgiving of many for us.
Troubles are round us on every side, but we are not shut in; things are hard for us, but we see a way out of them;
Because we are certain that he who made the Lord Jesus come back from the dead, will do the same for us, and will give us a place in his glory with you.
The light burden of our momentary trouble is preparing for us, in measure transcending thought, a weight of imperishable glory;
For Christ's love for us motivates us, because we have concluded that, [since] one person [i.e., Christ] died for all people, so then all people have died. [Note: This may mean simply that Christ died for all people, who were dead in their sins].
for he hath made him to be sin for us, which knew no sin, that we by his means should be that righteousness which before God is allowed.
as for us, we give no occasion of offence, that our ministry may not be blamed:
Our affection for you is not restricted, but you are restricted in your affections for us.
Make room for us in your hearts; we wronged no one, we corrupted no one, we took advantage of no one.
I do not speak this to condemn you, for I have said before that you are in our hearts for us to die together, and to live together.
So although I wrote to you, it was not on account of the one who did the wrong, nor on account of the one who suffered the wrong, but in order that your zeal for us might be revealed to you in the sight of God.
for us to urge Titus that, as he earlier began this kindness, so he would even finish it for you also.
Now then, you are to the front in everything, in faith, in utterance, in knowledge, in all zeal, and in love for us ??do come to the front in this gracious enterprise as well.
Therefore the manifestations of your love, and of your boasting for us, shew ye to them, and to the face of the churches.
But we will not boast ourselves with respect to regions not measured to us; but according to the measure of the line which God, who measures, has appointed for us to reach even to you.
to preach the gospel in places beyond you; and not to boast in another's province of things ready prepared for us.
To my discredit, I must say, we have shown ourselves too weak [for you to show such tolerance of us and for us to do strong, courageous things like that to you]! But in whatever any person is bold and dares [to boast] -- "mind you, I am speaking in this foolish (witless) way -- "I also am bold and dare [to boast].
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (18)
- Exodus (18)
- Leviticus (1)
- Numbers (10)
- Deuteronomy (14)
- Joshua (6)
- Judges (10)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (15)
- 2 Samuel (9)
- 1 Kings (5)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (2)
- 2 Chronicles (7)
- Ezra (10)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Job (3)
- Psalm (26)
- Proverbs (2)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (17)
- Jeremiah (20)
- Lamentations (6)
- Ezekiel (8)
- Daniel (2)
- Hosea (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (1)
- Malachi (1)
- Begotten Us Again (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Bind Us Up (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Blood Be on Us (1 instance in 25 translations)
- Causeth Us To Triumph (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Christ Died for Us (2 instances in 29 translations)
- Christ Has Redeemed Us (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Cleanses Us from All Sin (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Deliver Us (52 instances in 36 translations)
- Dwelt Among Us (1 instance in 13 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Debts (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Forgive Us Our Sins (5 instances in 36 translations)
- Give Us This Day (2 instances in 22 translations)
- Given Unto Us The Earnest Of The Spirit (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Glory Which Shall Be Revealed in Us (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Heart Burn Within Us (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Hearts Burning Within Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Hearts Condemn Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- If God So Loved Us (1 instance in 24 translations)
- If Our Heart Condemns Us (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Leads Us in Triumph (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Let Us (351 instances in 40 translations)
- Let Us Build (9 instances in 20 translations)
- Let Us Eat and Drink (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Let Us Make Man (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Let Us Reason Together (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Oath Betwixt Us (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Refined Us as Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Revive Us Again (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Show Us the Father (2 instances in 26 translations)
- Teach Us (11 instances in 38 translations)
- Tried Us As Silver (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Unto Us a Child is Born (1 instance in 7 translations)
- Who Shall Separate Us (1 instance in 23 translations)