'Innocent Blood' in the Bible
That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee.
Thine eye shall not pity him, but thou shalt put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with thee.
Be merciful, O LORD, unto thy people Israel, whom thou hast redeemed, and lay not innocent blood unto thy people of Israel's charge. And the blood shall be forgiven them.
So shalt thou put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.
Cursed be he that taketh reward to smite mortally shedding innocent blood! And all the people shall say, Amen.
For he did put his life in his hand, and slew the Philistine, and the LORD wrought a great salvation for all Israel: thou sawest it, and didst rejoice: wherefore then wilt thou sin against innocent blood, to slay David without a cause?
Your conscience will not be overwhelmed with guilt for having poured out innocent blood and for having taken matters into your own hands. When the Lord has granted my lord success, please remember your servant."
You know also what Joab son of Zeruiah did to me, and what he did to the two captains of the hosts of Israel, Abner son of Ner and Amasa son of Jether, whom he murdered, avenging in time of peace blood shed in war, and putting innocent blood of war on the girdle on his loins and on the sandals of his feet.
And the king said unto him, Do as he hath said, and fall upon him, and bury him; that thou mayest take away the innocent blood, which Joab shed, from me, and from the house of my father.
Moreover Manasseh shed innocent blood very much, till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to another; beside his sin wherewith he made Judah to sin, in doing that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.
And also for the innocent blood that he shed: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; which the LORD would not pardon.
They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.
And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
The words of the wicked lie in wait to shed innocent blood, but the words of the upright will deliver them.
Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths.
If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:
because that they have forsaken Me, and make known this place, and make perfume in it to other gods, that they knew not, they and their fathers, and the kings of Judah, and they have filled this place with innocent blood,
Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.
But thine eyes and thine heart are not but for thy covetousness, and for to shed innocent blood, and for oppression, and for violence, to do it.
But know ye for certain, that if ye put me to death, ye shall surely bring innocent blood upon yourselves, and upon this city, and upon the inhabitants thereof: for of a truth the LORD hath sent me unto you to speak all these words in your ears.
"I will make clean riddance, for the land is whole defiled with unrighteous judgment of innocent blood, and the city is full of abominations.
Now, thou son of man, wilt thou not judge, wilt thou not judge the city that spills innocent blood and cause her to know all her abominations?
Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
Wherefore they cried unto the LORD, and said, We beseech thee, O LORD, we beseech thee, let us not perish for this man's life, and lay not upon us innocent blood: for thou, O LORD, hast done as it pleased thee.
that all the innocent blood shed upon earth may come on you, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Berechiah whom you murdered between the Sanctuary and the altar.
Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Avenge the Blood of (5 instances in 18 translations)
- Avenger of Blood (12 instances in 16 translations)
- Blood Be on Us (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Blood Be Upon Your Own Heads (1 instance in 8 translations)
- Blood is on Their Hands (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Blood of Abel (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Blood of All the Prophets (2 instances in 36 translations)
- Blood of Christ (12 instances in 35 translations)
- Blood of Jesus (3 instances in 39 translations)
- Blood of Prophets (1 instance in 32 translations)
- Blood of Sprinkling (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Blood of the Covenant (5 instances in 31 translations)
- Blood of the Lamb (4 instances in 38 translations)
- Blood of the Martyrs (1 instance in 18 translations)
- Blood of the New Covenant (2 instances in 12 translations)
- Blood of the Prophets (2 instances in 34 translations)
- Blood of the Saints (3 instances in 31 translations)
- Blood Shall Be Upon Them (5 instances in 10 translations)
- By His Blood (7 instances in 30 translations)
- By Water and Blood (1 instance in 24 translations)
- Communion of the Blood (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Drink His Blood (1 instance in 36 translations)
- Drinks My Blood (2 instances in 23 translations)
- Drops of Blood (1 instance in 27 translations)
- Drunk with Blood (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Drunk with the Blood (2 instances in 20 translations)
- Drunken With The Blood (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Field of Blood (2 instances in 38 translations)
- Filled with Blood (5 instances in 16 translations)
- Flesh and Blood (25 instances in 36 translations)
- Flow of Blood (12 instances in 14 translations)
- In His Blood (5 instances in 30 translations)
- Innocent As Doves (1 instance in 10 translations)
- Issue Of Blood (8 instances in 16 translations)
- My Blood (16 instances in 38 translations)
- My Own Flesh And Blood (5 instances in 3 translations)
- New Covenant in My Blood (2 instances in 24 translations)
- New Testament In My Blood (2 instances in 8 translations)
- Participation In The Blood (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Poured Out Innocent Blood (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Propitiation Through Faith In His Blood (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Purchased with His Own Blood (1 instance in 19 translations)
- Redemption Through His Blood (2 instances in 28 translations)
- Shed Blood (32 instances in 34 translations)
- Shed Innocent Blood (12 instances in 19 translations)
- Shedding of Blood (8 instances in 26 translations)
- Sprinkle Its Blood (4 instances in 14 translations)
- Sprinkle the Blood (14 instances in 17 translations)
- Sprinkle Their Blood (1 instance in 15 translations)
- Sprinkled Blood (4 instances in 16 translations)
- Sprinkled the Blood (12 instances in 19 translations)
- Sprinkling of Blood (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Water and Blood (2 instances in 34 translations)
- With Blood (45 instances in 39 translations)
- Without Blood (4 instances in 34 translations)
- Avenger of blood
- Blood Of Christ, Basis Of
- Blood Of Sacrifices
- Blood Of The Covenant
- Blood On The Door
- Blood, as basis of life
- Blood, as symbol of guilt
- Blood, Figurative Use
- Blood, Miracles Connected With
- Blood, of Jesus Christ
- Condemning The Innocent
- Covered With Blood
- Creatures Drinking Blood
- Field Of Blood
- Human Blood Shed
- Innocent Blood
- Killing The Innocent
- People Consuming Blood
- Responsibility For Blood Shed
- Sprinkling Blood