'Honoring' in the Bible
But when David's delegation arrived in Ammonite territory, the Ammonite officials asked their lord Hanun, "Do you think that because David has sent a delegation of consolers to you that he is honoring your father? His delegation has arrived intending to search, scout the land, and then overthrow it, hasn't it?"
What more can David say to You for honoring Your servant? You know Your servant.
But when David's delegation arrived to visit Hanun in Ammonite territory to console him, the Ammonite officials asked Hanun, "Do you think that because David has sent a delegation of consolers to you that he is honoring your father? His delegation has arrived to search, overthrow, and scout the land, hasn't it?"
"When that period of time was over, I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven and my sanity returned to me. I blessed the Most High, praising and honoring the one who lives forever: For his sovereignty is eternal, and his kingdom continues from generation to generation.
He'll glorify the god of fortresses, a god whom his ancestors never knew, honoring him with gold, silver, valuable jewels, and treasures.
And instantly he received his sight and began to follow Jesus, recognizing, praising, and honoring God; and all the people, when they saw it, praised God.
They showed us every respect and presented many gifts to us, honoring us with many honors; and when we sailed, they provided and put on [board our ship] everything we needed.
Be devoted to one another with mutual love, showing eagerness in honoring one another.
Honor everyone. Keep on loving the community of believers, fearing God, and honoring the king.
In the same way you married men should live considerately with [your wives], with an intelligent recognition [of the marriage relation], honoring the woman as [physically] the weaker, but [realizing that you] are joint heirs of the grace (God's unmerited favor) of life, in order that your prayers may not be hindered and cut off. [Otherwise you cannot pray effectively.]
- Dishonor (51 instances in 9 translations)
- Dishonorable (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Dishonorably (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Dishonored (28 instances in 8 translations)
- Dishonorest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dishonoreth (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Dishonoring (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dishonors (6 instances in 8 translations)
- Honor (358 instances in 11 translations)
- Honorable (64 instances in 10 translations)
- Honorably (9 instances in 7 translations)
- Honorarium (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Honorary (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Honored (81 instances in 10 translations)
- Honorest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Honoreth (7 instances in 1 translation)
- Honors (24 instances in 8 translations)
- Undishonored (1 instance in 1 translation)