'Off' in the Bible
And immediately He called out to them, and [ abandoning all mutual claims] they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and went off after Him [ to be His disciples, side with His party, and follow Him].
One Sabbath He was going along beside the fields of standing grain, and as they made their way, His disciples began to pick off the grains.
And when his friends had news of it, they went out to get him, saying, He is off his head.
No one can go into a strong man's house and carry off his possessions without first tying up the strong man. Then he can ransack his house.
because he often had been bound with shackles and chains, but had snapped off the chains and smashed the shackles. No one was strong enough to subdue him.
But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
The men who tended them ran off and reported it in the town and the countryside, and people went to see what had happened.
And He went off with him; and a large crowd was following Him and pressing in on Him.
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
And immediately the king sent off one [of the soldiers] of his bodyguard and gave him orders to bring [John's] head. He went and beheaded him in the prison
When John's disciples heard about this, they came and carried off his body and laid it in a tomb.
And after He had taken leave of them, He went off into the hills to pray.
But He said to them, Excellently and truly [ so that there will be no room for blame] did Isaiah prophesy of you, the pretenders and hypocrites, as it stands written: These people [constantly] honor Me with their lips, but their hearts hold off and are far distant from Me.
Then you no longer are permitting him to do anything for [his] father or mother [but are letting him off from helping them].
"And whoever shall occasion the fall of one of these little ones who believe, he would be better off if, with a millstone round his neck, he were lying at the bottom of the sea.
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
And if your foot is a cause of stumbling and sin to you, cut it off! It is more profitable and wholesome for you to enter into life [that is really worthwhile] crippled than, having two feet, to be cast into hell (Gehenna) .
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Many angrily told him to leave off shouting; but he only cried out all the louder, "Son of David, have pity on me."
He threw off his coat, jumped up, and came to Jesus.
And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way.
And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
Now the Passover and Unleavened Bread were two days away; and the chief priests and the scribes were seeking how to seize Him by stealth and kill Him;
Then Judas Iscariot, who was one of the twelve, went off to the chief priests in order to betray Him to them.
But one of those standing there drew his sword and struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his ear.
but he ran off naked, leaving his linen cloth behind.
And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire.
Now at the Festival it was customary for Pilate to release to the Jews any one prisoner whom they might beg off from punishment;
And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him out to crucify him.
And one man ran, and, filling a sponge with vinegar (a mixture of sour wine and water), put it on a staff made of a [bamboo-like] reed and gave it to Him to drink, saying, Hold off! Let us see whether Elijah [does] come to take Him down.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (68)
- Exodus (31)
- Leviticus (35)
- Numbers (27)
- Deuteronomy (33)
- Joshua (17)
- Judges (27)
- Ruth (6)
- 1 Samuel (40)
- 2 Samuel (34)
- 1 Kings (33)
- 2 Kings (45)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (34)
- Ezra (3)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (8)
- Job (47)
- Psalm (70)
- Proverbs (20)
- Ecclesiastes (6)
- Song of Songs (4)
- Isaiah (73)
- Jeremiah (122)
- Lamentations (12)
- Ezekiel (82)
- Daniel (14)
- Hosea (14)
- Joel (7)
- Amos (13)
- Obadiah (2)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (7)
- Nahum (6)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (4)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (6)
- Malachi (1)
- Off-scouring (2 instances in 9 translations)
- Off-times (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offal (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Offence (28 instances in 7 translations)
- Offenceless (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Offences (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Offend (34 instances in 11 translations)
- Offended (46 instances in 11 translations)
- Offender (16 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenders (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Offending (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Offends (5 instances in 3 translations)
- Offense (60 instances in 9 translations)
- Offenses (28 instances in 8 translations)
- Offensive (29 instances in 6 translations)
- Offer (534 instances in 14 translations)
- Offered (392 instances in 14 translations)
- Offerer (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Offerest (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offereth (29 instances in 4 translations)
- Offering (959 instances in 14 translations)
- Offering's (21 instances in 1 translation)
- Offerings (561 instances in 14 translations)
- Offeror (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Offers (47 instances in 10 translations)
- Offhand (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Office (80 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer (90 instances in 13 translations)
- Officer's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Officers (201 instances in 13 translations)
- Offices (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Official (92 instances in 8 translations)
- Official's (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Officially (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Officials (338 instances in 9 translations)
- Officiate (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Officiated (2 instances in 6 translations)
- Officiating (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offset (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Offsets (2 instances in 7 translations)
- Offshoot (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Offshoots (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Offspring (285 instances in 14 translations)
- Offspring's (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Animal Offspring
- Animal Sacrifice, Free Will Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Heave Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Meal Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Peace Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Trespass Offering
- Animal Sacrifices, Wave Offering
- Burnt offering
- Cutting Off Branches
- Cutting Off Hands And Feet
- Death Of Office Holders
- Divine Assistance, Offered
- Fellowship Offering
- Food Offered To Idols
- Freewill Offering
- Grain Offering
- Guilt Offering
- Incense Offered Amiss
- Making Cereal Offerings And Libations
- Meat offerings
- Offences Against The Holy Spirit
- Offering Sacrifices
- Offerings, Figurative
- Offerings, Old Testamnent Kinds Of
- Peace offerings
- People Stripping Off
- Permitted To Eat Offerings
- Praise, Should Be Offered By
- Prayer, Offered With
- Putting Off The Old Man
- Regulations For Cereal Offerings
- Regulations For The Sin Offering
- Remaining Offerings
- Sin Offering
- Spiritual Offspring
- Thank Offering
- Thanksgiving, Offered
- The Saints, Without Offence
- Those To Be Cut Off From Israel
- Wave Offerings
- Drink offering