'Right' in the Bible
Then they went into Capernaum, and right away He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath and began to teach.
And when Jesus saw their faith [their confidence in God through Him], He said to the paralyzed man, Son, your sins are forgiven [you] and put away [that is, the penalty is remitted, the sense of guilt removed, and you are made upright and in right standing with God].
Right away Jesus understood in His spirit that they were reasoning like this within themselves and said to them, "Why are you reasoning these things in your hearts?
But that you may know positively and beyond a doubt that the Son of Man has right and authority and power on earth to forgive sins -- "He said to the paralyzed man,
And the Pharisees said to him, Why are they doing what it is not right to do on the Sabbath?
And He said to them, Is it lawful and right on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to take it? But they kept silence.
But no one can go into a strong man's house and ransack his household goods right and left and seize them as plunder unless he first binds the strong man; then indeed he may [thoroughly] plunder his house.
Other seed fell on rocky ground where it didn't have much soil, and it sprang up right away, since it didn't have deep soil.
But when the crop permits, he sends [in] the sickle right away, because the harvest has come."
And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
For John had told Herod, It is not lawful and you have no right to have your brother's wife.
Immediately she hurried to the king and said, "I want you to give me John the Baptist's head on a platter-right now!"
He saw that his disciples were straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. Shortly before dawn he came to them, walking on the sea. He intended to go up right beside them,
He told them, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites. As it is written, "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
He said to her, "Allow the children to be satisfied first, because it isn't right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."
And they bring to him a deaf man who could not speak right, and they beseech him that he might lay his hand on him.
And immediately his ears were opened, and the band of his tongue was loosed and he spoke right.
And Pharisees came to him, testing him with the question, Is it right for a man to put away his wife?
They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.
But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.
and said to them, "Go into the village before you, and right away [as you] enter into it you will find a colt tied, on which no one [has] ever sat. Untie it and bring [it].
If anyone says to you, 'Why are you doing this?' say, 'The Lord needs it and will send it back here right away.' "
At the right time, he sent a servant to the farmers to collect from them a share of the produce from the vineyard.
When they came they said to him, "Teacher, we know that you are truthful and do not court anyone's favor, because you show no partiality but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not? Should we pay or shouldn't we?"
Master, in the law Moses says, If a man's brother comes to his end, and has a wife still living and no child, it is right for his brother to take his wife, and get a family for his brother.
Then the scribe said to Him, "You are right, Teacher! You have correctly said that He is One, and there is no one else except Him.
For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
But when you see the unclean thing which makes destruction, in the place where it has no right to be (let this be clear to the reader), then let those who are in Judaea go quickly to the mountains:
In the same way, when you see these things taking place, you will know that the Son of Man is near, right at the door.
Be wakeful, all of you, and keep on praying, that you may not come into temptation: the spirit is right willing, but the body is frail."
Right away, while Jesus was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, arrived. With him came a crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent by the chief priests and experts in the law and elders.
So when he came, he went right up to Him and said, "Rabbi!"-and kissed Him.
Peter followed Him at a distance, right into the high priest's courtyard. He was sitting with the temple police, warming himself by the fire.
And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
His words against God have come to your ears: what is your opinion? And they all said it was right for him to be put to death.
And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left.
When the centurion, who was standing right in front of Him, saw the way He breathed His last, he said, "Truly this man was the Son of God!"
And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (51)
- Exodus (29)
- Leviticus (29)
- Numbers (43)
- Deuteronomy (38)
- Joshua (23)
- Judges (40)
- Ruth (11)
- 1 Samuel (39)
- 2 Samuel (50)
- 1 Kings (52)
- 2 Kings (48)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (42)
- Ezra (8)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (6)
- Job (64)
- Psalm (137)
- Proverbs (77)
- Ecclesiastes (15)
- Song of Songs (3)
- Isaiah (80)
- Jeremiah (57)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (71)
- Daniel (11)
- Hosea (8)
- Joel (2)
- Amos (9)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (8)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (11)
- Malachi (4)
- Matthew (57)
- Mark (39)
- Luke (55)
- John (28)
- Acts (40)
- Romans (50)
- 1 Corinthians (46)
- 2 Corinthians (17)
- Galatians (17)
- Ephesians (12)
- Philippians (8)
- Colossians (7)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (6)
- 1 Timothy (20)
- 2 Timothy (7)
- Titus (13)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (10)
- 1 Peter (14)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (6)
- 3 John (4)
- Revelation (25)
- Affright (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Affrighted (39 instances in 5 translations)
- Affrighteth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Alright (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Birthright (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Bright (116 instances in 14 translations)
- Brighten (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightened (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightening (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Brightens (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Brighter (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Brightest (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Brightly (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Brightness (48 instances in 13 translations)
- Downright (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faith-righteousness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Fright (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Frighten (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Frightened (81 instances in 11 translations)
- Frighteneth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Frightening (11 instances in 6 translations)
- Frightens (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Frightful (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Makeupright (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Outright (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Over-righteous (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-hand (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Right-handed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Righted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Righteous (474 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteously (39 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteousness (471 instances in 14 translations)
- Righteousnesses (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Rightful (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightfully (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightly (54 instances in 14 translations)
- Rightness (31 instances in 1 translation)
- Rights (118 instances in 11 translations)
- Shipwrights (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unrighteous (41 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteously (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Unrighteousness (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteousnesses (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Upright (444 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Uprightly (40 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightness (98 instances in 13 translations)
- Uprights (20 instances in 3 translations)
- A Righteous People
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Animal Rights
- Blessings For The Right Hand
- Christ Our Righteousness
- Christ's Right Hand
- Civic Righteousness
- Clothed With Righteousness
- Death Of The Righteous
- Delighting, Right Kinds Of
- Distinctives Of Righteousness
- Doing Right
- Evil For The Right Hand
- Fruits Of Righteousness
- God Does Right For People
- God Doing Right
- God Seeing The Righteous
- God's Word Is Righteous
- God, Righteousness Of
- Hating The Righteous
- Hope For The Righteous
- Imputed Righteousness
- Judging Rightly
- Knowing Right And Wrong
- Learning The Right Way
- Numbers Of Righteous People
- Other Right Parts
- Paths Of Righteousness
- People In Righteousness
- People Who Did Right
- Right Desires
- Right Hand Of God
- Right Living As Food
- Right Measures
- Right Sacrifices
- Right Sides
- Right Time For God
- Right Time For People
- Right Time For The Devil
- Right Use Of Wealth
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteous By Obedience
- Righteous, The
- Righteousness Of Christ
- Righteousness imputed
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Righteousness, Of Believers
- Self Righteousness, And The Gospel
- Self Righteousness, Nature Of
- Smiting Of The Righteous
- The Lips Of The Righteous
- The Recompense Of The Righteous
- The Right Time
- The Righteous Perishing
- The Righteous Prosper
- Thinking Aright
- Those Frightened Of God
- Thoughts Of The Righteous
- Turning To Right And Left
- White And Bright Clothes