'Right' in the Bible
And the sons of Israel cry unto Jehovah, and Jehovah raiseth to them a saviour, Ehud son of Gera, a Benjamite (a man -- shut of his right hand), and the sons of Israel send by his hand a present to Eglon king of Moab;
But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.
And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:
They waited so long they were embarrassed, but he still did not open the doors of the upper room. Finally they took the key and opened the doors. Right before their eyes was their master, sprawled out dead on the floor!
I will draw out Sisera, the commanding officer of Jabin's army, along with his chariots and troops, to the Kishon River, where I will drop him right into your hands.'"
and the LORD threw Sisera, all the chariots, and his entire army into a panic right in front of Barak. Then Sisera abandoned his chariot and escaped on foot
But Heber's wife Jael grabbed a tent peg in one hand and a hammer in the other, crept up to him quietly, and drove the tent peg right through his temple into the ground below after he had fallen sound asleep from exhaustion. That's how he died.
That's how God subdued Jabin, king of Canaan right in front of the Israelis that day.
And princes in Issachar are with Deborah, Yea, Issachar is right with Barak, Into the valley he was sent on his feet. In the divisions of Reuben, Great are the decrees of heart!
She put her hand to the nail, and her right hand to the workmen's hammer; and with the hammer she smote Sisera, she smote off his head, when she had pierced and stricken through his temples.
I delivered you from the domination of Egypt and from the domination of all of your oppressors, expelling them right in front of you and giving their land to you.
But Gideon replied, "Right" Sir, if the LORD is with us, then why has all of this happened to us? And where are all of his miraculous works that our ancestors recounted to us when they said, "The LORD brought us up from Egypt, didn't he?' But now the LORD has abandoned us and given us over to Midian!"
"Right"," Gideon responded. "Sir, how will I deliver Israel? Look my family is the weakest in Manasseh, and I'm the youngest in my father's household."
Then Gideon went and prepared a young goat and unleavened bread from an ephah of flour. He put the meat in a basket and poured the broth into a pot, and brought them to the angel right under the oak tree. Then he made his offering.
When Gideon realized that he had seen the angel of the LORD himself, he cried out, "Oh no! Lord GOD! I've been looking right at the angel of the LORD and face-to-face at that!"
So Gideon built an altar right there to the LORD and called it "The LORD is peace." (To this very day it still stands in Ophrah, which belongs to the descendants of Abiezer.)
And the three companies blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers, and held the lamps in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands to blow withal: and they cried, The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon.
Gideon said, "All right, when the LORD has given Zebah and Zalmunna into my hand, then I will thrash your bodies with the thorns of the wilderness and with briers."
"Now, if you have shown loyalty and integrity when you made Abimelech king, if you have done right to Jerub-Baal and his family, if you have properly repaid him --
And Gaal, the son of Ebed, said, Who is Abimelech and who is Shechem, that we are to be his servants? Is it not right for the son of Jerubbaal and Zebul his captain to be servants to the men of Hamor, the father of Shechem? But why are we to be his servants?
So Zebul replied, "Right... So where's your boasting now? You said, "Who is Abimelech? Should we serve him?' Isn't this the army that you insulted? So go out right now and fight them!"
Abimelech chased him, and Gaal ran away from him. Many fell wounded right up to the entrance to the city gate.
The Israelis replied to the LORD, "We have sinned, so do to us anything that's right to do in your opinion, just please deliver us right now."
Then Jephthah asked the elders of Gilead, "If you all send me to fight against the Ammonites and the LORD hands them over right in front of me, will I really become your head?"
"Now then, since the LORD God of Israel expelled the Amorites right in front of his people Israel, are you going to control their territory?
You have the right to take what Chemosh your god gives you, but we will take the land of all whom the Lord our God has driven out before us.
He attacked them from Aroer to the entrance of Minnith twenty cities in all even as far as Abel-keramim. As a result, the Ammonites were subdued right in front of the Israelis.
The Ephraimites assembled and crossed over to Zaphon. They said to Jephthah, "Why did you go and fight with the Ammonites without asking us to go with you? We will burn your house down right over you!"
Then said they unto him, Say now Shibboleth: and he said Sibboleth: for he could not frame to pronounce it right. Then they took him, and slew him at the passages of Jordan: and there fell at that time of the Ephraimites forty and two thousand.
And his father saith to him -- also his mother, 'Is there not among the daughters of thy brethren, and among all my people, a woman, that thou art going to take a woman from the uncircumcised Philistines?' and Samson saith unto his father, 'Take her for me, for she is right in mine eyes.'
And he goeth down and speaketh to the woman, and she is right in the eyes of Samson;
Samson spent half the night with the prostitute; then he got up in the middle of the night and left. He grabbed the doors of the city gate, as well as the two posts, and pulled them right off, bar and all. He put them on his shoulders and carried them up to the top of a hill east of Hebron.
Then Samson cried out to the LORD, "Lord GOD, please remember me. And please strengthen me this one time, God, so that I can repay the Philistines right now for my two eyes."
And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.
In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
And we will take ten men out of every hundred, through all the tribes of Israel, a hundred out of every thousand, a thousand out of every ten thousand, to get food for the people, so that they may give to Gibeah of Benjamin the right punishment for the act of shame they have done in Israel.
among all this people are seven hundred chosen men, bound of their right hand, each of these slinging with a stone at the hair, and he doth not err.
Then the descendants of Benjamin told themselves, "They're falling right in front of us, just like before!"
The rest turned and ran toward the wilderness, heading toward the cliff of Rimmon. But the Israelites caught five thousand of them on the main roads. They stayed right on their heels all the way to Gidom and struck down two thousand more.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (51)
- Exodus (29)
- Leviticus (29)
- Numbers (43)
- Deuteronomy (38)
- Joshua (23)
- Judges (40)
- Ruth (11)
- 1 Samuel (39)
- 2 Samuel (50)
- 1 Kings (52)
- 2 Kings (48)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (42)
- Ezra (8)
- Nehemiah (11)
- Esther (6)
- Job (64)
- Psalm (137)
- Proverbs (77)
- Ecclesiastes (15)
- Song of Songs (3)
- Isaiah (80)
- Jeremiah (57)
- Lamentations (5)
- Ezekiel (71)
- Daniel (11)
- Hosea (8)
- Joel (2)
- Amos (9)
- Jonah (3)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (8)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (3)
- Zechariah (11)
- Malachi (4)
- Matthew (57)
- Mark (39)
- Luke (55)
- John (28)
- Acts (40)
- Romans (50)
- 1 Corinthians (46)
- 2 Corinthians (17)
- Galatians (17)
- Ephesians (12)
- Philippians (8)
- Colossians (7)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (6)
- 1 Timothy (20)
- 2 Timothy (7)
- Titus (13)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (10)
- 1 Peter (14)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (6)
- 3 John (4)
- Revelation (25)
- Affright (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Affrighted (39 instances in 5 translations)
- Affrighteth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Alright (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Birthright (11 instances in 14 translations)
- Bright (116 instances in 14 translations)
- Brighten (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightened (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Brightening (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Brightens (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Brighter (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Brightest (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Brightly (8 instances in 7 translations)
- Brightness (48 instances in 13 translations)
- Downright (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Faith-righteousness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Fright (10 instances in 4 translations)
- Frighten (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Frightened (81 instances in 11 translations)
- Frighteneth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Frightening (11 instances in 6 translations)
- Frightens (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Frightful (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Makeupright (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Outright (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Over-righteous (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-doing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-hand (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Right-handed (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Right-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Righted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Righteous (474 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteously (39 instances in 13 translations)
- Righteousness (471 instances in 14 translations)
- Righteousnesses (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Rightful (14 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightfully (7 instances in 6 translations)
- Rightly (54 instances in 14 translations)
- Rightness (31 instances in 1 translation)
- Rights (118 instances in 11 translations)
- Shipwrights (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Unrighteous (41 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteously (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Unrighteousness (60 instances in 13 translations)
- Unrighteousnesses (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Upright (444 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Uprightly (40 instances in 14 translations)
- Uprightness (98 instances in 13 translations)
- Uprights (20 instances in 3 translations)
- A Righteous People
- Anger Of Man, Righteous
- Anger Of Man, Unrighteous
- Animal Rights
- Blessings For The Right Hand
- Christ Our Righteousness
- Christ's Right Hand
- Civic Righteousness
- Clothed With Righteousness
- Death Of The Righteous
- Delighting, Right Kinds Of
- Distinctives Of Righteousness
- Doing Right
- Evil For The Right Hand
- Fruits Of Righteousness
- God Does Right For People
- God Doing Right
- God Seeing The Righteous
- God's Word Is Righteous
- God, Righteousness Of
- Hating The Righteous
- Hope For The Righteous
- Imputed Righteousness
- Judging Rightly
- Knowing Right And Wrong
- Learning The Right Way
- Numbers Of Righteous People
- Other Right Parts
- Paths Of Righteousness
- People In Righteousness
- People Who Did Right
- Right Desires
- Right Hand Of God
- Right Living As Food
- Right Measures
- Right Sacrifices
- Right Sides
- Right Time For God
- Right Time For People
- Right Time For The Devil
- Right Use Of Wealth
- Righteous By Faith
- Righteous By Obedience
- Righteous, The
- Righteousness Of Christ
- Righteousness imputed
- Righteousness, As Faith
- Righteousness, Of Believers
- Self Righteousness, And The Gospel
- Self Righteousness, Nature Of
- Smiting Of The Righteous
- The Lips Of The Righteous
- The Recompense Of The Righteous
- The Right Time
- The Righteous Perishing
- The Righteous Prosper
- Thinking Aright
- Those Frightened Of God
- Thoughts Of The Righteous
- Turning To Right And Left
- White And Bright Clothes