'Sin' in the Bible
There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job. He was without sin and upright, fearing God and keeping himself far from evil.
And the Lord said to the Satan, Have you taken note of my servant Job, for there is no one like him on the earth, a man without sin and upright, fearing God and keeping himself far from evil?
Throughout all this Job did not sin or blame God for anything.
And the Lord said to the Satan, Have you taken note of my servant Job, for there is no one like him on the earth, a man without sin and upright, fearing God and keeping himself far from evil? and he still keeps his righteousness, though you have been moving me to send destruction on him without cause.
But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.
And thou shalt know that thy tabernacle shall be in peace; and thou shalt visit thy habitation, and shalt not sin.
So what if I sin? What have I done against you, you observer of humankind? Why have you made me your target? Why burden yourself with me?
Why not forgive my sin and pardon my transgression? For soon I will lie down in the grave. You will eagerly seek me, but I will be gone.
"If your children sin against him, he'll make them a prisoner of their sins.
Truly, God will not give up him who is without sin, and will not take evil-doers by the hand.
I go in fear of all my pains; I am certain that I will not be free from sin in your eyes.
You will not let me be clear of sin! why then do I take trouble for nothing?
That thou inquirest after mine iniquity, and searchest after my sin?
If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from mine iniquity.
You may say, My way is clean, and I am free from sin in your eyes.
He would show you the secrets of wisdom, for true wisdom has two sides. Know then that God has chosen to overlook some of your sin.
If you put sin out of your hand and far away from you and let not evil dwell in your tents;
Then can you lift up your face to Him without stain [of sin, and unashamed]; yes, you shall be steadfast and secure; you shall not fear.
How many are mine iniquities and sins? make me to know my transgression and my sin.
For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin?
My offenses would be sealed up in a bag; you would cover over my sin.
Because your sin dictates your speech, you have chosen the language of the crafty.
Are God's consolations [as we have interpreted them to you] too trivial for you? Is there any secret thing (any bosom sin) which you have not given up? [Or] were we too gentle [in our first speech] toward you to be effective?
If you say, How cruel we will be to him! because the root of sin is clearly in him:
His bones are full of the sin of his youth, which shall lie down with him in the dust.
The heavens make clear his sin, and the earth gives witness against him.
Is it of any interest to the Ruler of all that you are upright? or is it of use to him that your ways are without sin?
He makes safe the man who is free from sin, and if your hands are clean, salvation will be yours.
He may get them ready, but the upright will put them on, and he who is free from sin will take the silver for a heritage.
this is also a sin that deserves to be judged, since I would have tried to deceive God above."
Neither have I suffered my mouth to sin by wishing a curse to his soul.
If I kept my evil doings covered, and my sin in the secret of my breast,
And he was angry with his three friends, because they had been unable to give him an answer, and had not made Job's sin clear.
"I'm pure. I'm without sin; I'm innocent. I'm harboring no iniquity inside of me.
to turn a person from his sin, and to cover a person's pride.
He makes a song, saying, I did wrong, turning from the straight way, but he did not give me the reward of my sin.
If you have anything to say, give me an answer; for it is my desire that you may be judged free from sin.
For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God.
For thou saidst, What advantage will it be unto thee? and, What profit shall I have, if I be cleansed from my sin?
If you sin, how does it affect God? If you multiply your transgressions, what does it do to Him?
Take care not to be turned to sin, for you have taken evil for your part in place of sorrow.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (16)
- Exodus (22)
- Leviticus (119)
- Numbers (80)
- Deuteronomy (19)
- Joshua (4)
- Judges (3)
- 1 Samuel (25)
- 2 Samuel (11)
- 1 Kings (24)
- 2 Kings (20)
- 1 Chronicles (6)
- 2 Chronicles (26)
- Ezra (11)
- Nehemiah (5)
- Job (42)
- Psalm (65)
- Proverbs (29)
- Ecclesiastes (3)
- Isaiah (37)
- Jeremiah (28)
- Lamentations (11)
- Ezekiel (68)
- Daniel (9)
- Hosea (17)
- Amos (5)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (8)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (3)
- Zechariah (7)
- Malachi (1)
- Matthew (19)
- Mark (11)
- Luke (16)
- John (16)
- Acts (4)
- Romans (46)
- 1 Corinthians (20)
- 2 Corinthians (5)
- Galatians (5)
- Ephesians (3)
- Philippians (1)
- Colossians (3)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (1)
- 1 Timothy (4)
- 2 Timothy (3)
- Titus (2)
- Hebrews (29)
- James (5)
- 1 Peter (6)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (13)
- Jude (2)
- Sin-bearer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-bearing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-filled (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-laden (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sin-offering (114 instances in 3 translations)
- Sin-offerings (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Sin-stained (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sincere (27 instances in 11 translations)
- Sincerely (15 instances in 11 translations)
- Sincerity (31 instances in 13 translations)
- Sinew (2 instances in 11 translations)
- Sinews (13 instances in 11 translations)
- Sinful (113 instances in 13 translations)
- Sinfully (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Sinfulness (9 instances in 7 translations)
- Sing (186 instances in 13 translations)
- Singe (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Singed (1 instance in 12 translations)
- Singeth (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Singing (84 instances in 13 translations)
- Singing-men (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Singing-women (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Single (219 instances in 12 translations)
- Single-heartedness (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Single-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Singled (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Singleness (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Singly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sings (7 instances in 8 translations)
- Singsong (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Singular (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Singularly (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Sinister (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sink (24 instances in 13 translations)
- Sinketh (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Sinking (6 instances in 9 translations)
- Sinks (6 instances in 7 translations)
- Sinless (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Sinned (187 instances in 14 translations)
- Sinner (89 instances in 14 translations)
- Sinner's (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Sinners (141 instances in 14 translations)
- Sinnest (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Sinneth (25 instances in 4 translations)
- Sinning (78 instances in 14 translations)
- Sins (413 instances in 14 translations)
- Sins-ye (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Aaron, Sins Of
- Abominations, Sin Is
- Acknowledge, Sin
- Adam, Results Of Sin
- Adam, Sin Of
- All Have Sinned
- All Sins Being Equal
- Allurements Of Sin
- Angels Singing
- Anger, Sinful Examples
- Animal Sacrifices, Sin Offering
- Atonement, Remission Of Sins By
- Avoiding Sin
- Babies Sinful From Birth
- Being Born In Sin
- Being Cleansed From Sin
- Being Dead In Sin
- Bribery, Is Sin
- Carrying Sin
- Christ's Authority Over Sin
- Concealment, Of Sin
- Confession of sin
- Confronting Sins
- Continual Sin
- Continuing In Sin
- Conviction Of Sin
- Covenant Made At Sinai
- Creation Spoilt By Sin
- Darkness, As A Symbol Of Sin
- Dead To Sin
- Death Penalty For Sexual Sin
- Defilement, By Sin
- Disfigurement Of Sin
- Exposure Of Sin
- Fathers, Sin Of The
- Fellowship With Sinners
- Flesh As The Sinful Nature
- Forgiveness Of Sins
- Forsaking Sin
- Fruits Of Sin
- Garments Of Sin
- God Remembering Sin
- God Saves From Sin And Death
- God's People Sinning
- Hiding Sins
- How Sin Comes With Afflictions
- I Will Sing Praises
- Jesus Christ, Sinlessness
- Knowledge, Of Sin
- Leaders Sinning
- Living In Sin
- Man Of Sin
- Man's Sinful Nature
- Materialism, As An Aspect Of Sin
- No Sin
- Opposition, To Sin And Evil
- Origins Of Sin
- Parents Sin
- Participation, In Sin
- Pathways Of Sin
- Praying For Sinners
- Regulations For The Sin Offering
- Reminders Of Sin
- Remission Of Sin
- Restoring Sinners
- Secret Sins
- Sexual Sin, Nature Of
- Sexual Sins
- Sin Bearer
- Sin Brings Impoverishment
- Sin Brings Sickness
- Sin Clings To The Sinner
- Sin Confessed
- Sin Made Known
- Sin Offering
- Sin Produces Death
- Sin Producing Death
- Sin Separates From God
- Sin, Accepting Forgiveness Of
- Sin, Against Holy Spirit
- Sin, And God's Character
- Sin, Avoidance Of
- Sin, Causes Of
- Sin, Confession Of
- Sin, Consequences Of
- Sin, Deliverance From God
- Sin, Effects Of
- Sin, God's Judgment On
- Sin, God's Remedy For
- Sin, Known To God
- Sin, Love Of
- Sin, Nature Of
- Sin, Universality Of
- Sincerity, In Christian Living
- Sinful Hearts
- Single Mindedness
- Singleness Of Heart
- Sinners Grasped By Death
- Sinning Repeatedly
- Sins Of Omission
- Sins Of The Fathers
- Sins Of The Flesh
- Spiritual Blindness, Results Of Sin
- Terms Of The Covenant At Sinai
- The Entrance Of Sin
- The Reality Of Sin
- The Sin Nature
- The Unpardonable Sin
- Those Singing Praise
- Unforgivable Sin
- Unprofitable Sins
- We Have Sinned
- What Sin?
- Who Can Forgive Sins?