'Trust' in the Bible
Moreover, you will be led out from here with your hands on your head since the Lord has rejected those you trust; you will not succeed even with their help.
They will consume your harvest and your food. They will consume your sons and your daughters. They will consume your flocks and your herds. They will consume your vines and your fig trees. They will destroy with the sword your fortified cities in which you trust.
Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.
Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.
Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.
Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders.
So I said to the Lord, "O Lord who rules over all, you are a just judge! You examine people's hearts and minds. I want to see you pay them back for what they have done because I trust you to vindicate my cause."
If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, in which thou didst trust, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?
For even thy brethren and the house of thy father, Even they dealt treacherously against thee, Even they -- they called after thee fully, Trust not in them, when they speak to thee good things.
This is thy lot, the portion of thy measures from Me -- an affirmation of Jehovah, Because thou hast forgotten me, And dost trust in falsehood.
Thus said Jehovah: Cursed is the man who doth trust in man, And hath made flesh his arm, And from Jehovah whose heart turneth.
Blessed is the person who trusts in the LORD, making the LORD his trust.
O Lord who rules over all, you test and prove the righteous. You see into people's hearts and minds. Pay them back for what they have done because I trust you to vindicate my cause.
Then said the prophet Jeremiah unto Hananiah the prophet, Hear now, Hananiah; The LORD hath not sent thee; but thou makest this people to trust in a lie.
Send to all them of the captivity, saying, Thus saith the LORD concerning Shemaiah the Nehelamite; Because that Shemaiah hath prophesied unto you, and I sent him not, and he caused you to trust in a lie:
For I will surely deliver thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a prey unto thee: because thou hast put thy trust in me, saith the LORD.
The LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saith; Behold, I will punish the multitude of No, and Pharaoh, and Egypt, with their gods, and their kings; even Pharaoh, and all them that trust in him:
Because you trust in your works and treasures, you will be captured also. Chemosh will go into exile with his priests and officials.
The people of Moab will be disappointed by their god Chemosh. They will be as disappointed as the people of Israel were when they put their trust in the calf god at Bethel.
Why do you brag about your valleys, your flowing valley, you faithless daughter? You who trust in your treasures [and boast]: Who can attack me?
Leave thy fatherless children, I will preserve them alive; and let thy widows trust in me.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (2)
- Exodus (2)
- Leviticus (2)
- Numbers (2)
- Deuteronomy (3)
- Judges (3)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (1)
- 2 Samuel (2)
- 2 Kings (9)
- 1 Chronicles (5)
- 2 Chronicles (7)
- Job (12)
- Psalm (80)
- Proverbs (12)
- Isaiah (34)
- Jeremiah (22)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (3)
- Daniel (1)
- Hosea (1)
- Amos (1)
- Micah (2)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Truce (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trucebreakers (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Trudge (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trueness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Truer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Truly (585 instances in 14 translations)
- Trump (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Trumpet (83 instances in 13 translations)
- Trumpet's (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Trumpet-blast (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Trumpeted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trumpeter (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Trumpeters (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Trumpeting (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trumpets (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Trunk (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Trunks (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Trusted (138 instances in 13 translations)
- Trustedst (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Trustees (12 instances in 3 translations)
- Trusteeship (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trustest (8 instances in 3 translations)
- Trusteth (27 instances in 4 translations)
- Trustful (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trusting (69 instances in 13 translations)
- Trustingly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trusts (59 instances in 9 translations)
- Trustworthiness (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Trustworthy (61 instances in 9 translations)
- Trusty (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Truth (481 instances in 13 translations)
- Truth's (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Truth-giving (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Truthful (24 instances in 9 translations)
- Truthfully (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Truthfulness (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Truths (25 instances in 4 translations)
- Bank (39 instances)
- Believe (271 instances)
- Combine (2 instances)
- Commit (182 instances)
- Confide (37 instances)
- Confidence (174 instances)
- Desire (689 instances)
- Entrust (18 instances)
- Faith (789 instances)
- Hope (326 instances)
- Attitudes Of Trust
- False Confidence
- False Gods
- Shame Of Idolatry
- Trust In God!
- Trust, Importance Of
- Trust, Lack Of
- Trusting Deceptive Things
- Trusting Idols
- Trusting In Chariots
- Trusting In God
- Trusting In God's Love
- Trusting In God's Presence
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- Trusting In Works
- Trusting Other People
- Trusting Riches
- Trusting Yourself