'Witness' in the Bible
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
And this is the witness of John, when the Jews sent from Jerusalem priests and Levites that they might ask him, Thou, who art thou?
And John bore witness, saying, I beheld the Spirit descending as a dove from heaven, and it abode upon him.
And I have seen and borne witness that this is the Son of God.
and because He did not need anyone to testify concerning man, for He Himself knew what was in man.
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.
Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
"What He has seen and heard, of that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.
"He who has received His testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true.
But many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him because of the word of the woman who bore witness, He told me all things that I had ever done.
for Jesus himself bore witness that a prophet has no honour in his own country.
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
But I do not receive witness from man, but I say this that ye might be saved.
But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
Ye search the scriptures, for ye think that in them ye have life eternal, and they it is which bear witness concerning me;
So His brothers said to Him, "Leave these parts and go into Judaea, that not only we but your disciples also may witness the miracles which you perform.
The world cannot hate you, but me it hates, because I bear witness concerning it that its works are evil.
The Pharisees therefore said to him, Thou bearest witness concerning thyself; thy witness is not true.
Jesus answered and said to them, Even if I bear witness concerning myself, my witness is true, because I know whence I came and whither I go: but ye know not whence I come and whither I go.
Even in your law it is written that the witness of two men is valid.
I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
The crowd therefore that was with him bore witness because he had called Lazarus out of the tomb, and raised him from among the dead.
When Jesus had said this he was troubled in spirit, and gave witness, saying, Truly I say to you, that one of you will be false to me.
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes forth from with the Father, he shall bear witness concerning me;
And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?
Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
And he who saw it bears witness, and his witness is true, and he knows that he says true that ye also may believe.
This is the disciple who bears witness concerning these things, and who has written these things; and we know that his witness is true.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (8)
- Exodus (6)
- Leviticus (2)
- Numbers (12)
- Deuteronomy (15)
- Joshua (5)
- Judges (1)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (8)
- 2 Samuel (1)
- 1 Kings (4)
- 2 Kings (2)
- 2 Chronicles (4)
- Ezra (1)
- Nehemiah (6)
- Job (7)
- Psalm (12)
- Proverbs (10)
- Isaiah (13)
- Jeremiah (10)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (1)
- Amos (1)
- Micah (1)
- Habakkuk (3)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Malachi (2)
- Matthew (11)
- Mark (11)
- Luke (11)
- John (36)
- Acts (27)
- Romans (8)
- 1 Corinthians (4)
- 2 Corinthians (5)
- Galatians (3)
- Ephesians (1)
- Philippians (2)
- Colossians (2)
- 1 Thessalonians (5)
- 2 Thessalonians (1)
- 1 Timothy (6)
- 2 Timothy (2)
- Titus (2)
- Hebrews (13)
- James (1)
- 1 Peter (4)
- 1 John (10)
- 2 John (1)
- 3 John (3)
- Revelation (15)
- Wit (28 instances in 4 translations)
- Witch (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Witchcraft (13 instances in 10 translations)
- Witchcrafts (4 instances in 7 translations)
- Withal (40 instances in 5 translations)
- Withdraw (65 instances in 13 translations)
- Withdrawest (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Withdraweth (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Withdrawing (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Withdrawings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Withdrawn (36 instances in 13 translations)
- Withdraws (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Withdrew (61 instances in 13 translations)
- Wither (42 instances in 12 translations)
- Withered (53 instances in 13 translations)
- Withereth (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Withering (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Withers (27 instances in 9 translations)
- Withes (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Withheld (39 instances in 13 translations)
- Withheldest (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Withhold (45 instances in 13 translations)
- Withholden (12 instances in 3 translations)
- Withholdest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Withholdeth (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Withholding (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Withholds (11 instances in 9 translations)
- Within (618 instances in 13 translations)
- Without (1557 instances in 14 translations)
- Withs (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Withstand (32 instances in 13 translations)
- Withstander (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Withstanders (15 instances in 1 translation)
- Withstandeth (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Withstanding (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Withstands (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Withstood (9 instances in 9 translations)
- Witless (7 instances in 2 translations)
- Witlessly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Witlessness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Witnessed (45 instances in 13 translations)
- Witnesses (79 instances in 14 translations)
- Witnesseth (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Witnessing (17 instances in 7 translations)
- Witnessings (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Wits (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Wittingly (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Witty (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Being A Witness
- Contemporary Witness To Christ
- False Witnesses, Defined As
- False Witnesses,examples Of
- God Bearing Witness To Christ
- God's Voice
- Living Witnesses
- Scriptures Bearing Witness To Christ
- Subsequent Witness To Christ
- The Two Witnesses
- The Witness Of Christ
- The Witness Of Creation
- The Witness Of God
- The Witness Of The Holy Spirit
- The Witness Of The Spirit
- Things As Witnesses
- Three Witnesses
- Two Witnesses
- Two Witnesses
- Witness Against Oneself