'Earth' in the Bible
Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth.
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
And he took him up and let him see all the kingdoms of the earth in a minute of time.
And Jesus said to him, Be quiet, and come out of him. And when the evil spirit had put him down on the earth in the middle of them, he came out of him, having done him no damage.
But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.
But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
And some falling on good earth, came up and gave fruit a hundred times as much. And with these words he said in a loud voice, He who has ears, let him give ear.
And those in the good earth are those who, having given ear to the word, keep it with a good and true heart, and in quiet strength give fruit.
And when he saw Jesus, he gave a loud cry and went down on the earth before him and in a loud voice said, What have I to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Do not be cruel to me.
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
Give thought to the ravens; they do not put seeds into the earth, or get together grain; they have no store-houses or buildings; and God gives them their food: of how much greater value are you than the birds!
I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?
And he said, Lord, let it be for this year, and I will have the earth turned up round it, and put animal waste on it, to make it fertile:
And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
And in time the poor man came to his end, and angels took him to Abraham's breast. And the man of wealth came to his end, and was put in the earth.
I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
And will make you level with the earth, and your children with you; and there will not be one stone resting on another in you, because you did not see that it was your day of mercy.
There will be great earth-shocks and outbursts of disease in a number of places, and men will be without food; and there will be wonders and great signs from heaven.
Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing their babies in those days! For there will be great distress on the earth and wrath against this people.
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
And being in conflict he prayed more intently. And his sweat became as great drops of blood, falling down upon the earth.
And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (125)
- Exodus (31)
- Leviticus (23)
- Numbers (17)
- Deuteronomy (51)
- Joshua (14)
- Judges (19)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (30)
- 2 Samuel (29)
- 1 Kings (38)
- 2 Kings (32)
- 1 Chronicles (17)
- 2 Chronicles (30)
- Ezra (6)
- Nehemiah (5)
- Esther (2)
- Job (84)
- Psalm (171)
- Proverbs (19)
- Ecclesiastes (44)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (138)
- Jeremiah (84)
- Lamentations (11)
- Ezekiel (58)
- Daniel (36)
- Hosea (9)
- Joel (10)
- Amos (17)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (1)
- Micah (8)
- Nahum (3)
- Habakkuk (9)
- Zephaniah (8)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (19)
- Malachi (1)
- Ear (682 instances in 14 translations)
- Ear's (5 instances in 1 translation)
- Eared (5 instances in 2 translations)
- Earing (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earlier (74 instances in 10 translations)
- Earliest (35 instances in 7 translations)
- Earlobe (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Earlobes (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Early (180 instances in 14 translations)
- Earn (10 instances in 6 translations)
- Earned (21 instances in 6 translations)
- Earner (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Earners (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earnest (42 instances in 12 translations)
- Earnestly (214 instances in 13 translations)
- Earnestness (14 instances in 8 translations)
- Earneth (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Earning (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Earnings (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Earns (4 instances in 6 translations)
- Earring (8 instances in 11 translations)
- Earrings (15 instances in 12 translations)
- Ears (459 instances in 14 translations)
- Earshot (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Eart (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earth's (54 instances in 7 translations)
- Earth-jehovah (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthborn (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthen (27 instances in 12 translations)
- Earthenware (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Earthlies (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthly (62 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthly-minded (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthquake (17 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthquakes (5 instances in 13 translations)
- Earthward (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Earthwork (8 instances in 1 translation)
- Earthworks (10 instances in 2 translations)
- Earthy (3 instances in 6 translations)
- Apostles, During Jesus Earthly Ministry
- Christ With People On Earth
- Christ's Earthly Family
- Clothing The Earth
- Covering The Earth
- Creation Of The Earth
- Earth On Fire
- Earth's Foundation
- Earth, Belonging To God
- Earth, Creation Of
- Earth, Description Of
- Earth, Destruction Of
- Earth, God Sustaining
- Earth, God's Glory
- Earth, Judgment Of
- Earth, Promises About
- Earthly Armies
- God Feeds All The Earth
- God Seeing All The Earth
- God Shaking The Earth
- God's Things Concealed
- Heaven And Earth
- Heaven Better Than Earth