'Tricks' in the Bible
for they have been hostile to you with their tricks, with which they have deceived you in the affair of Peor and in the affair of Cozbi, the daughter of the leader of Midian, their sister who was slain on the day of the plague because of Peor."
Are there not enough unbalanced men about me, that you have let this person come and do such tricks before me? is such a man to come into my house?
The evil-doer in his pride is cruel to the poor; let him be taken by the tricks of his invention.
You spurn and set at nought all those who stray from Your statutes, for their own lying deceives them and their tricks are in vain.
The men of pride have put secret cords for my feet; stretching nets in my way, so that they may take me with their tricks. (Selah.)
And I saw a thing more bitter than death, even the woman whose heart is full of tricks and nets, and whose hands are as bands. He with whom God is pleased will get free from her, but the sinner will be taken by her.
O you, who are full of false tricks and evil ways, a son of the Evil One, hating all righteousness, will you for ever be turning people from the right ways of the Lord?
Nay, we have renounced the secrecy which marks a feeling of shame. We practice no cunning tricks, nor do we adulterate God's Message. But by a full clear statement of the truth we strive to commend ourselves in the presence of God to every human conscience.
However, I am afraid that just as the serpent deceived Eve by its tricks, so your minds may somehow be lured away from sincere and pure devotion to the Messiah.
So that we may be no longer children, sent this way and that, turned about by every wind of teaching, by the twisting and tricks of men, by the deceits of error;
So putting away all wrongdoing, and all tricks and deceits and envies and evil talk,
- Awe-stricken (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Conscience-stricken (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fear-stricken (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Panic-stricken (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Poverty-stricken (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Stricken (43 instances in 12 translations)
- Trick (16 instances in 4 translations)
- Tricked (28 instances in 5 translations)
- Trickery (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Trickiness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Tricking (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Trickle (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Trickles (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trickleth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trickling (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Trickster (1 instance in 1 translation)