'Withers' in the Bible
Those who are well-fed hire themselves out to earn food, but the hungry no longer lack. Even the barren woman gives birth to seven, but the one with many children withers away.
"While it is still green and not cut down, Yet it withers before any other plant.
He blossoms like a flower, then withers; he flees like a shadow and does not last.
[As] water disappears from a lake, and a river withers away and dries up,
in the morning it sprouts and grows; by evening it withers and dries up.
My heart is struck like grass and withers. Indeed, I forget to eat my bread.
but when the wind blows through it, it withers away and no one remembers where it was.
Let them be like grass on the rooftops, which withers before it grows up
For you shall be like an oak or terebinth whose leaf withers, and like a garden that has no water.
For Heshbon withers the fields, the vine of Sibmah; rulers of nations have broken down her tendrils, they reached up to Jazer, they wandered [to the] desert; her shoots spread abroad, they crossed over [the] sea.
The earth mourns and withers; the world wastes away and withers; the exalted people of the earth waste away.
The new wine mourns; the vine withers. All the carousers now groan.
The land mourns and withers; Lebanon is ashamed and decayed. Sharon is like a desert; Bashan and Carmel shake off [their] leaves.
And all the host of heaven will wear away, And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll; All their hosts will also wither away As a leaf withers from the vine, Or as one withers from the fig tree.
The grass withers, the flowers fade when the breath of the Lord blows on them; indeed, the people are grass.
The grass withers, the flowers fade, but the word of our God remains forever."
"Say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Will it thrive? Will he not pull up its roots and cut off its fruit, so that it withers--so that all its sprouting leaves wither? And neither by great strength nor by many people can it be raised from its roots again.
The vine withers and the fig tree droops. The pomegranate tree, and also the palm tree, the apple tree --all the trees of the field--are dried up. Indeed, joy is dried up among the sons of men.
He said: The Lord roars from Zion and raises His voice from Jerusalem; the pastures of the shepherds mourn, and the summit of Carmel withers.
He rebukes the sea so that it dries up, and He makes all the rivers run dry. Bashan and Carmel wither; even the flower of Lebanon withers.
but when the sun is risen, it is scorched by the heat, and through having no root it withers up.
but when the sun is risen, it is scorched, and through having no root it withers away.
Another part drops upon the rock, and after growing up it withers away for want of moisture.
If anyone does not remain in Me, he is thrown aside like a branch and he withers. They gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
Everyone who enters an athletic contest practices self-control in everything. They do it to win a wreath that withers away, but we run to win a prize that never fades.
For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away.
For All flesh is like grass, and all its glory like a flower of the grass. The grass withers, and the flower drops off,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Withal (40 instances in 5 translations)
- Withdraw (65 instances in 13 translations)
- Withdrawest (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Withdraweth (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Withdrawing (10 instances in 5 translations)
- Withdrawings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Withdrawn (36 instances in 13 translations)
- Withdraws (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Withdrew (61 instances in 13 translations)
- Wither (42 instances in 12 translations)
- Withered (53 instances in 13 translations)
- Withereth (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Withering (8 instances in 6 translations)
- Withes (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Withheld (39 instances in 13 translations)
- Withheldest (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Withhold (45 instances in 13 translations)
- Withholden (12 instances in 3 translations)
- Withholdest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Withholdeth (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Withholding (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Withholds (11 instances in 9 translations)
- Within (618 instances in 13 translations)
- Without (1557 instances in 14 translations)
- Withs (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Withstand (32 instances in 13 translations)
- Withstander (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Withstanders (15 instances in 1 translation)
- Withstandeth (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Withstanding (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Withstands (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Withstood (9 instances in 9 translations)