'Living God' in the Bible
For who is there of all flesh, that hath heard the voice of the living God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived?
And Joshua said, Hereby ye shall know that the living God is among you, and that he will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Hivites, and the Perizzites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Jebusites.
And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?
Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
So now, my lord, by the living God and by your living soul, seeing that the Lord has kept you from the crime of blood and from taking into your hands the punishment for your wrongs, may all your haters, and those who would do evil to my lord, be like Nabal.
And Joab said, By the living God, if you had not given the word, the people would have gone on attacking their countrymen till the morning.
It may be the LORD thy God will hear all the words of Rabshakeh, whom the king of Assyria his master hath sent to reproach the living God; and will reprove the words which the LORD thy God hath heard: wherefore lift up thy prayer for the remnant that are left.
LORD, bow down thine ear, and hear: open, LORD, thine eyes, and see: and hear the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent him to reproach the living God.
"The living God has withheld justice from me; the Almighty has made my life bitter.
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
By day the Lord decrees his loyal love, and by night he gives me a song, a prayer to the living God.
My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
It may be the LORD thy God will hear the words of Rabshakeh, whom the king of Assyria his master hath sent to reproach the living God, and will reprove the words which the LORD thy God hath heard: wherefore lift up thy prayer for the remnant that is left.
Incline thine ear, O LORD, and hear; open thine eyes, O LORD, and see: and hear all the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent to reproach the living God.
who hath sent - to reproach a Living God. Of a truth, O Yahweh, - the kings of Assyria have devoted to destruction all the countries, and their land;
But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
The Lord says, "As surely as I am the living God, you, Jeconiah, king of Judah, son of Jehoiakim, will not be the earthly representative of my authority. Indeed, I will take that right away from you.
And the burden of the LORD shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God.
And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.
Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- City of the Living God (2 instances in 34 translations)
- Fountain of Living Waters (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Four Living Creatures (13 instances in 30 translations)
- God of the Living (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Hands of the Living God (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Land of the Living (15 instances in 21 translations)
- Light Of The Living (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Living Among the Dead (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Living Bread (3 instances in 36 translations)
- Living Creature (84 instances in 33 translations)
- Living Creatures (62 instances in 31 translations)
- Living Hope (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Living In Darkness (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Living Sacrifice (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Living Stone (3 instances in 39 translations)
- Living Stones (1 instance in 38 translations)
- Living Water (19 instances in 39 translations)
- Man Became a Living Being (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Rivers of Living Water (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Sin Living In Me (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Spirit of the Living God (1 instance in 35 translations)
- Spring Of Living Water (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Why Do You Seek the Living (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Afflictions, In Christian Living
- Anger In Christian Living
- Bible, In Christian Living
- Blamelessness, In Christian Living
- God Living In The Tabernacle
- God Living In Us
- God Living With Us
- God, Living And Self sustaining
- Kinds Of Living Things
- Living As God's Children
- Living Despite God's Presence
- Living For The Material
- Living In Houses
- Living In Sin
- Living In The Land
- Living In The Light
- Living In The Wilderness
- Living Long
- Living Not For The Material
- Living On
- Living Souls
- Living The Life