'Living God' in the Bible
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:
And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
For it is written [Isa. 45:23], "As surely as I am the living God, says the Lord, everyone's knee will bow before me, and everyone's mouth will confess to [or, praise] God."
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
For when others speak of us they report the reception we had from you, and how you turned from your idols to God, to be bondservants of the true and ever-living God,
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
For physical training is useful to some extent [or, "for a short time"], but living godly is useful in every way, for it promises benefits [not only] for the present life, but [also] for the life to come.
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
and so fearful was the sight, that Moses said, I fear and tremble,??22 but you have come to Zion, the mountain and city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels in general assembly,
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
having been regenerated, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the word of the living God, which remains.
He reduced to ashes the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, and condemned them to overthrow, making them an example to people who might in future be living godless lives.
And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- City of the Living God (2 instances in 34 translations)
- Fountain of Living Waters (2 instances in 13 translations)
- Four Living Creatures (13 instances in 30 translations)
- God of the Living (1 instance in 11 translations)
- Hands of the Living God (1 instance in 34 translations)
- Land of the Living (15 instances in 21 translations)
- Light Of The Living (2 instances in 18 translations)
- Living Among the Dead (1 instance in 21 translations)
- Living Bread (3 instances in 36 translations)
- Living Creature (84 instances in 33 translations)
- Living Creatures (62 instances in 31 translations)
- Living Hope (1 instance in 28 translations)
- Living In Darkness (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Living Sacrifice (1 instance in 30 translations)
- Living Stone (3 instances in 39 translations)
- Living Stones (1 instance in 38 translations)
- Living Water (19 instances in 39 translations)
- Man Became a Living Being (1 instance in 5 translations)
- Rivers of Living Water (1 instance in 29 translations)
- Sin Living In Me (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Spirit of the Living God (1 instance in 35 translations)
- Spring Of Living Water (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Why Do You Seek the Living (1 instance in 6 translations)
- Afflictions, In Christian Living
- Anger In Christian Living
- Bible, In Christian Living
- Blamelessness, In Christian Living
- God Living In The Tabernacle
- God Living In Us
- God Living With Us
- God, Living And Self sustaining
- Kinds Of Living Things
- Living As God's Children
- Living Despite God's Presence
- Living For The Material
- Living In Houses
- Living In Sin
- Living In The Land
- Living In The Light
- Living In The Wilderness
- Living Long
- Living Not For The Material
- Living On
- Living Souls
- Living The Life
- Living Things
- Living Together
- Living Water
- Living Witnesses
- Patience, In Christian Living
- Peace, In Christian Living
- Right Living As Food
- Sincerity, In Christian Living
- Names And Titles For The Church
- 30 more topics on Living
- 962 more topics on God