'Death' in the Bible
If anyone does hurt to God's temple or corrupts it [ with false doctrines] or destroys it, God will do hurt to him and bring him to the corruption of death and destroy him. For the temple of God is holy (sacred to Him) and that [temple] you [ the believing church and its individual believers] are.
Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
Take away, then, the old leaven, so that you may be a new mass, even as you are without leaven. For Christ has been put to death as our Passover.
And so, through your knowledge, you are the cause of destruction to your brother, for whom Christ underwent death.
But I have not made use of any of these things: and I am not writing this in the hope that it may be so for me: for it would be better for me to undergo death, than for any man to make this pride of mine of no effect.
And let us not put the Lord to the test, as some of them did, and came to their death by snakes.
Nor discontentedly complain as some of them did -- "and were put out of the way entirely by the destroyer (death).
For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
That [careless and unworthy participation] is the reason many of you are weak and sickly, and quite enough of you have fallen into the sleep of death.
For I gave to you first of all what was handed down to me, how Christ underwent death for our sins, as it says in the Writings;
Then later He showed Himself to more than five hundred brethren at one time, the majority of whom are still alive, but some have fallen asleep [in death].
But the fact is that Christ (the Messiah) has been raised from the dead, and He became the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep [in death].
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam death comes to all, so in Christ will all come back to life.
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
I face death every day! That is as certain, brothers, as it is that I am proud of you in the Messiah, Jesus our Lord.
Foolish man, it is necessary for the seed which you put into the earth to undergo death in order that it may come to life again:
So is it with the coming back from the dead. It is planted in death; it comes again in life:
Now I say this, my brothers, that it is not possible for flesh and blood to have a part in the kingdom of God; and death may not have a part in life.
Take notice! I tell you a mystery (a secret truth, an event decreed by the hidden purpose or counsel of God). We shall not all fall asleep [in death], but we shall all be changed (transformed)
In a second, in the shutting of an eye, at the sound of the last horn: for at that sound the dead will come again, free for ever from the power of death, and we will be changed.
For this perishable [part of us] must put on the imperishable [nature], and this mortal [part of us, this nature that is capable of dying] must put on immortality (freedom from death).
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (80)
- Exodus (64)
- Leviticus (71)
- Numbers (81)
- Deuteronomy (70)
- Joshua (38)
- Judges (60)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (70)
- 2 Samuel (79)
- 1 Kings (67)
- 2 Kings (65)
- 1 Chronicles (34)
- 2 Chronicles (58)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (3)
- Esther (18)
- Job (40)
- Psalm (76)
- Proverbs (41)
- Ecclesiastes (13)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (42)
- Jeremiah (95)
- Lamentations (8)
- Ezekiel (77)
- Daniel (9)
- Hosea (6)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (5)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (5)
- Nahum (3)
- Habakkuk (2)
- Zephaniah (1)
- Zechariah (5)
- Matthew (59)
- Mark (40)
- Luke (58)
- John (43)
- Acts (62)
- Romans (49)
- 1 Corinthians (26)
- 2 Corinthians (16)
- Galatians (7)
- Ephesians (5)
- Philippians (6)
- Colossians (4)
- 1 Thessalonians (6)
- 2 Thessalonians (1)
- 1 Timothy (3)
- 2 Timothy (2)
- Hebrews (26)
- James (7)
- 1 Peter (3)
- 2 Peter (3)
- 1 John (5)
- Revelation (39)
- Deacon (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Deacon's (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deaconesses (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deacons (6 instances in 10 translations)
- Dead (781 instances in 14 translations)
- Deaden (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deadened (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deadening (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Deadly (49 instances in 13 translations)
- Deadly-wounded (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deadness (1 instance in 9 translations)
- Deaf (26 instances in 13 translations)
- Deafen (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Deafening (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deafens (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deafness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deal (223 instances in 13 translations)
- Dealer (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Dealers (16 instances in 10 translations)
- Dealest (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Dealeth (19 instances in 4 translations)
- Dealing (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Dealings (19 instances in 13 translations)
- Deals (44 instances in 12 translations)
- Dealt (136 instances in 13 translations)
- Dear (168 instances in 13 translations)
- Dearer (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Dearest (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Dearly (43 instances in 12 translations)
- Dearly-loved (20 instances in 1 translation)
- Dearth (11 instances in 5 translations)
- Dearths (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Dearworthy (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deat (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Death's (8 instances in 3 translations)
- Death-bringing (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Death-burdened (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Death-shade (17 instances in 1 translation)
- Death-stroke (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Deathless (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Deathly (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Deaths (17 instances in 12 translations)