'First' in the Bible
The first words of the good news of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
And a seasonable day having come, when Herod on his birthday was making a supper to his great men, and to the chiefs of thousands, and to the first men of Galilee,
(For the Pharisees and all the Jews--being, as they are, zealous for the traditions of the Elders--never eat without first carefully washing their hands,
and when they come from market they will not eat without bathing first; and they have a good many other customs which they have received traditionally and cling to, such as the rinsing of cups and pots and of bronze utensils, and the washing of beds.)
But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
And now for the first time He told them, "The Son of Man must endure much suffering, and be rejected by the Elders and the High Priests and the Scribes, and be put to death, and after two days rise to life."
And they asked him, saying, Why say the scribes that Elias must first come?
And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.
But from the first, male and female made he them.
He replied, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman, commits adultery against the first wife;
But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.
The other ten, hearing of it, were at first highly indignant with James and John.
and whoever wants to be first among you must be a slave to all.
Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
and first seats in the synagogues, and first couches in suppers,
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places; there will be famines and calamities. This is but the beginning of the intolerable anguish and suffering [only the first of the birth pangs].
And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
For those will be times of suffering the like of which has never been from the first creation of God's world until now, and assuredly never will be again;
I tell you in solemn truth that the present generation will certainly not pass away without all these things having first taken place.
And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
And the first thing in the morning the chief priests, with those in authority and the scribes and all the Sanhedrin, had a meeting, and put cords round Jesus, and took him away, and gave him up to Pilate.
And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (44)
- Exodus (48)
- Leviticus (27)
- Numbers (84)
- Deuteronomy (34)
- Joshua (9)
- Judges (12)
- Ruth (3)
- 1 Samuel (16)
- 2 Samuel (16)
- 1 Kings (23)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (33)
- 2 Chronicles (25)
- Ezra (14)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (3)
- Job (12)
- Psalm (9)
- Proverbs (9)
- Ecclesiastes (3)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (21)
- Jeremiah (26)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (20)
- Daniel (23)
- Hosea (5)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (4)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (3)
- Nahum (2)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (3)
- Matthew (33)
- Mark (29)
- Luke (34)
- John (24)
- Acts (25)
- Romans (13)
- 1 Corinthians (18)
- 2 Corinthians (7)
- Galatians (5)
- Ephesians (8)
- Philippians (2)
- Colossians (3)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (2)
- 1 Timothy (7)
- 2 Timothy (3)
- Titus (1)
- Philemon (1)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (1)
- 1 Peter (1)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (9)
- 2 John (2)
- 3 John (1)
- Jude (2)
- Revelation (29)
- Fir (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Fir-pine (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fir-tree (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Fir-trees (10 instances in 2 translations)
- Fir-wood (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire (641 instances in 14 translations)
- Fire-brand (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Fire-brands (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Fire-offering (47 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-offerings (18 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-pan (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Fire-pans (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Fire-roasted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fired (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Firelight (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Fireplace (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Firepot (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Firepots (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fires (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Firewood (19 instances in 6 translations)
- Firing (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Firkins (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Firm (158 instances in 13 translations)
- Firm-footed (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firmament (20 instances in 7 translations)
- Firmer (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Firmly (91 instances in 9 translations)
- Firmness (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Firs (12 instances in 4 translations)
- First-born (133 instances in 13 translations)
- First-class (1 instance in 1 translation)
- First-fruit (27 instances in 12 translations)
- First-fruits (51 instances in 14 translations)
- First-ripe (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Firstbegotten (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firsthand (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Firstling (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Firstlings (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Being First
- Christ The Firstborn
- Death Of The Firstborn
- First Actions
- First Among The Gentiles
- First Death
- First Ones
- First Resurrection
- First Things
- First To Act
- First To Fight
- First fruits
- Firstborn Daughters
- Firstborn Sons
- Great Things
- How First Resurrection Is Spread Out
- Metaphorical Firstfruits
- Sacrificing The Firstborn
- Teachers Of The Law
- The First Day Of The Week
- The First Sight Of Christ
- The First Temple
- To The Jew First
- Elders, as community leaders