'First' in the Bible
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
I am the First and the Last, says the Lord God who is and was and is to come, the Ruler of all.
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
Then I saw the lamb open the first of the seven seals. I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, "Go!"
And when he opened the first seal, I heard the third living creature saying, Come. And I saw, and behold, a black horse; and he that sat thereon had a balance in his hand.
The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
The first woe has passed. There are still two more woes to come after this.
And all who are on the earth will give him worship, everyone whose name has not been from the first in the book of life of the Lamb who was put to death.
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
It deceives those living on earth with the signs that it is allowed to do on behalf of the first beast, telling them to make an image for the beast who was wounded by a sword and yet lived.
The second beast was allowed to impart life to the image of the first beast so that the image of the beast could talk and order the execution of those who would not worship the image of the beast.
A second angel followed the first, declaring: "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great city! She made all the nations drink of the wine of her immoral passion."
A third angel followed the first two, declaring in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and takes the mark on his forehead or his hand,
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
The beast which you saw was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the great deep, and to go into destruction. And those who are on the earth, whose names have not been put in the book of life from the first, will be full of wonder when they see the beast, that he was, and is not, and still will be.
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There won't be death anymore. There won't be any grief, crying, or pain, because the first things have disappeared."
And he said to me, It is done. I am the First and the Last, the start and the end. I will freely give of the fountain of the water of life to him who is in need.
And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (44)
- Exodus (48)
- Leviticus (27)
- Numbers (84)
- Deuteronomy (34)
- Joshua (9)
- Judges (12)
- Ruth (3)
- 1 Samuel (16)
- 2 Samuel (16)
- 1 Kings (23)
- 2 Kings (7)
- 1 Chronicles (33)
- 2 Chronicles (25)
- Ezra (14)
- Nehemiah (8)
- Esther (3)
- Job (12)
- Psalm (9)
- Proverbs (9)
- Ecclesiastes (3)
- Song of Songs (1)
- Isaiah (21)
- Jeremiah (26)
- Lamentations (1)
- Ezekiel (20)
- Daniel (23)
- Hosea (5)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (4)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (2)
- Micah (3)
- Nahum (2)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Haggai (4)
- Zechariah (3)
- Matthew (33)
- Mark (29)
- Luke (34)
- John (24)
- Acts (25)
- Romans (13)
- 1 Corinthians (18)
- 2 Corinthians (7)
- Galatians (5)
- Ephesians (8)
- Philippians (2)
- Colossians (3)
- 1 Thessalonians (2)
- 2 Thessalonians (2)
- 1 Timothy (7)
- 2 Timothy (3)
- Titus (1)
- Philemon (1)
- Hebrews (22)
- James (1)
- 1 Peter (1)
- 2 Peter (4)
- 1 John (9)
- 2 John (2)
- 3 John (1)
- Jude (2)
- Revelation (29)
- Fir (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Fir-pine (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fir-tree (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Fir-trees (10 instances in 2 translations)
- Fir-wood (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire (641 instances in 14 translations)
- Fire-brand (3 instances in 7 translations)
- Fire-brands (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Fire-offering (47 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-offerings (18 instances in 2 translations)
- Fire-pan (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Fire-pans (16 instances in 12 translations)
- Fire-roasted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fired (13 instances in 4 translations)
- Firelight (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Fireplace (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Firepot (6 instances in 6 translations)
- Firepots (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Fires (18 instances in 11 translations)
- Firewood (19 instances in 6 translations)
- Firing (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Firkins (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Firm (158 instances in 13 translations)
- Firm-footed (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firmament (20 instances in 7 translations)
- Firmer (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Firmly (91 instances in 9 translations)
- Firmness (4 instances in 3 translations)
- Firs (12 instances in 4 translations)
- First-born (133 instances in 13 translations)
- First-class (1 instance in 1 translation)
- First-fruit (27 instances in 12 translations)
- First-fruits (51 instances in 14 translations)
- First-ripe (8 instances in 12 translations)
- Firstbegotten (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Firsthand (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Firstling (12 instances in 7 translations)
- Firstlings (8 instances in 9 translations)
- Angels Doing God's Work
- Beginning And End
- Beginning Of Salvation
- Being First
- Christ The Firstborn
- Christ, Names For
- Death Of The Firstborn
- First Actions
- First Among The Gentiles
- First Death
- First Ones
- First Resurrection
- First Things
- First To Act
- First To Fight
- First fruits
- Firstborn Daughters
- Firstborn Sons
- God's Voice
- Healing Cancer
- How First Resurrection Is Spread Out
- Metaphorical Firstfruits
- Names And Titles For Christ
- Sacrificing The Firstborn
- The Act Of Opening
- The Dead Are Raised
- The False Prophet
- The First Day Of The Week
- The First Sight Of Christ
- The First Temple
- Things Passing Away
- Third Person
- To The Jew First
- What Heaven Will Be Like
- Worshipping The Devil