'Part' in the Bible
God is true, through whom you have been given a part with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present.
Have you not knowledge that evil-doers will have no part in the kingdom of God? Have no false ideas about this: no one who goes after the desires of the flesh, or gives worship to images, or is untrue when married, or is less than a man, or makes a wrong use of men,
Or is a thief, or the worse for drink, or makes use of strong language, or takes by force what is not his, will have any part in the kingdom of God.
Do you not see that your bodies are part of the body of Christ? how then may I take what is a part of the body of Christ and make it a part of the body of a loose woman? such a thing may not be.
Or has he us in mind? Yes, it was said for us; because it is right for the ploughman to do his ploughing in hope, and for him who is crushing the grain to do his work hoping for a part in the fruits of it.
If we have been planting the things of the Spirit for you, does it seem a great thing for you to give us a part in your things of this world?
If others have a part in this right over you, have we not even more? But we did not make use of our right, so that we might put nothing in the way of the good news of Christ.
Don't you know that those who serve in the temple eat food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar receive a part of the offerings?
But I, for my part, have not used, and do not use, my full rights in any of these things. Nor do I now write with that object so far as I myself am concerned, for I would rather die than have anybody make this boast of mine an empty one.
And I do all things for the cause of the good news, so that I may have a part in it.
Do you not see that in a running competition all take part, but only one gets the reward? So let your minds be fixed on the reward.
And every man who takes part in the sports has self-control in all things. Now they do it to get a crown which is of this world, but we for an eternal crown.
The cup of blessing which we take, does it not give us a part in the blood of Christ? and is not the broken bread a taking part in the body of Christ?
Because we, being a number of persons, are one bread, we are one body: for we all take part in the one bread.
See Israel after the flesh: do not those who take as food the offerings of the altar take a part in the altar?
What I say is that the things offered by the Gentiles are offered to evil spirits and not to God; and it is not my desire for you to have any part with evil spirits.
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot take part in the table of the Lord and the table of demons.
Every man who takes part in prayer, or gives teaching as a prophet, with his head covered, puts shame on his head.
Be judges yourselves of the question: does it seem right for a woman to take part in prayer unveiled?
For, to begin with, I hear that when you come together as a church there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
For a man puts himself in danger, if he takes part in the holy meal without being conscious that it is the Lord's body.
So the body is not one part but many.
If the foot says, "Since I'm not a hand, I'm not part of the body," that does not make it any less a part of the body, does it?
And if the ear says, "Since I'm not an eye, I'm not part of the body," that does not make it any less a part of the body, does it?
If the whole body were an eye, what part would do the hearing? If the whole were an ear, what part would exercise the sense of smell?
And if they were all the same part, where would the body be?
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
If one part suffers, every part suffers with it. If one part is praised, every part rejoices with it.
Now you [collectively] are Christ's body and [individually] you are members of it, each part severally and distinct [each with his own place and function].
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
Now I say this, my brothers, that it is not possible for flesh and blood to have a part in the kingdom of God; and death may not have a part in life.
For this perishable [part of us] must put on the imperishable [nature], and this mortal [part of us, this nature that is capable of dying] must put on immortality (freedom from death).
Be alert and on your guard; stand firm in your faith ( your conviction respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, keeping the trust and holy fervor born of faith and a part of it). Act like men and be courageous; grow in strength!
I beseech you, on your part, to show deference to such men, and to every one who participates in their work and toils hard.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (27)
- Exodus (36)
- Leviticus (63)
- Numbers (52)
- Deuteronomy (27)
- Joshua (26)
- Judges (16)
- Ruth (4)
- 1 Samuel (25)
- 2 Samuel (11)
- 1 Kings (16)
- 2 Kings (16)
- 1 Chronicles (6)
- 2 Chronicles (27)
- Ezra (4)
- Nehemiah (28)
- Esther (10)
- Job (12)
- Psalm (32)
- Proverbs (14)
- Ecclesiastes (5)
- Isaiah (17)
- Jeremiah (17)
- Ezekiel (58)
- Daniel (14)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (5)
- Jonah (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Zechariah (4)
- Malachi (2)
- Matthew (14)
- Mark (8)
- Luke (22)
- John (5)
- Acts (24)
- Romans (21)
- 1 Corinthians (39)
- 2 Corinthians (12)
- Galatians (8)
- Ephesians (6)
- Philippians (10)
- Colossians (4)
- 1 Thessalonians (4)
- 2 Thessalonians (4)
- 1 Timothy (5)
- 2 Timothy (4)
- Titus (3)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (25)
- James (1)
- 1 Peter (7)
- 2 Peter (3)
- 1 John (1)
- 2 John (1)
- 3 John (1)
- Jude (1)
- Revelation (18)
- Partake (24 instances in 11 translations)
- Partaken (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Partaker (12 instances in 9 translations)
- Partakers (29 instances in 10 translations)
- Partakes (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Partakest (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Partaketh (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Partaking (6 instances in 4 translations)
- Parted (72 instances in 14 translations)
- Parteth (9 instances in 3 translations)
- Parthia (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Partial (19 instances in 10 translations)
- Partiality (30 instances in 12 translations)
- Partially (3 instances in 5 translations)
- Participant (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Participants (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Participate (23 instances in 9 translations)
- Participated (9 instances in 4 translations)
- Participates (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Participating (6 instances in 2 translations)
- Participation (15 instances in 10 translations)
- Participator (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Participators (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Particle (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Particular (35 instances in 11 translations)
- Particularly (11 instances in 8 translations)
- Particulars (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Parties (28 instances in 12 translations)
- Parting (27 instances in 11 translations)
- Parting-gifts (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Partings (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Partisan (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Partisans (3 instances in 2 translations)
- Partition (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Partitioned (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Partly (9 instances in 13 translations)
- Partner (16 instances in 13 translations)
- Partners (22 instances in 13 translations)
- Partnership (5 instances in 7 translations)
- Partook (4 instances in 5 translations)
- Partridge (3 instances in 13 translations)
- Parts (262 instances in 14 translations)
- Party (97 instances in 10 translations)
- Partying (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Annual (17 instances)
- Article (15 instances)
- Aught (42 instances)
- Beat (108 instances)
- Break (299 instances)
- Capacity (17 instances)
- Career (3 instances)
- Character (68 instances)
- Contribution (66 instances)
- Count (108 instances)
- Cue (1 instance)
- Department (1 instance)
- Detachment (8 instances)
- Divide (78 instances)
- Division (176 instances)
- Field (421 instances)
- Fraction (2 instances)
- Fragment (4 instances)
- Function (10 instances)
- Issue (89 instances)
- Item (11 instances)
- Leave (552 instances)
- Line (161 instances)
- Lookout (43 instances)
- A Fourth Part
- Asking Particular Questions
- Being A Part Of The Family Of God
- Circumcision Party
- In Men's Presence
- Not Giving Up
- Other Right Parts
- Participate In Christ Glory
- Participation In Christ Death And Resurrection
- Participation In Christ Nature
- Participation In Christ Sufferings
- Participation, In Christ
- Participation, In Sin
- Particular Journeys
- Parting From Parents
- People Parting