'Proving' in the Bible
Joseph stored up so much grain like sand on the seashore in so much abundance! that he stopped keeping records because it was proving to be impossible to measure how much they were gathering.
For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment [proving their helplessness]. I am the Lord.
who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, a food which thy fathers knew not, afflicting thee and proving thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;
They were for the testing and proving of Israel to know whether Israel would listen and obey the commandments of the Lord, which He commanded their fathers by Moses.
Now I was paying you close attention, yet there was no one proving Job wrong, not one of you was answering his statements!
[If you can do all this, Job, proving yourself of divine might] then will I [God] praise you also [and acknowledge that] your own right hand can save you.
My God sent his angel and sealed the mouths of the lions. They have not harmed me, proving that I'm innocent before him. Also against you, your majesty, I've committed no offense."
Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, Teacher, we desire to see a sign or miracle from You [proving that You are what You claim to be].
But this they said proving him, that they might have something to accuse him of. But Jesus, having stooped down, wrote with his finger on the ground.
But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
Explaining [them] and [quoting passages] setting forth and proving that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and saying, This Jesus, Whom I proclaim to you, is the Christ (the Messiah).
For with great power he refuted the Jews in public [discussions], showing and proving by the Scriptures that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah).
and be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for your proving what is the will of God -- the good, and acceptable, and perfect.
For when one says, I belong to Paul, and another, I belong to Apollos, are you not [proving yourselves] ordinary (unchanged) men?
Moreover, it is [essentially] required of stewards that a man should be found faithful [proving himself worthy of trust].
and let a man be proving himself, and so of the bread let him eat, and of the cup let him drink;
not according to command do I speak, but because of the diligence of others, and of your love proving the genuineness,
seeing that through the proving of you by this ministration they glorify God for the obedience of your confession unto the gospel of Christ, and for the liberality of your contribution unto them and unto all;
Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
for your proving the things that differ, that ye may be pure and offenceless -- to a day of Christ,
but as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the good news, so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God, who is proving our hearts,
where your fathers tempted me, by proving me, and saw my works forty years.
knowing that the proving of your faith works endurance.
that the proving of your faith, much more precious than of gold which perishes, though it be proved by fire, be found to praise and glory and honour in the revelation of Jesus Christ:
nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Prove (119 instances in 13 translations)
- Proved (58 instances in 13 translations)
- Proven (17 instances in 8 translations)
- Provender (10 instances in 6 translations)
- Prover (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Proverb (31 instances in 13 translations)
- Proverbial (3 instances in 1 translation)
- Proverbs (13 instances in 12 translations)
- Proves (16 instances in 8 translations)
- Proveth (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Provide (159 instances in 13 translations)
- Provided (150 instances in 13 translations)
- Providence (6 instances in 5 translations)
- Provident (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Providential (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Providentially (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Provider (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Provides (40 instances in 9 translations)
- Providest (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Provideth (5 instances in 4 translations)
- Providing (35 instances in 9 translations)
- Province (76 instances in 13 translations)
- Provinces (44 instances in 12 translations)
- Provincial (13 instances in 5 translations)
- Provision (67 instances in 13 translations)
- Provisioned (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Provisions (50 instances in 11 translations)
- Provocation (21 instances in 12 translations)
- Provocations (4 instances in 9 translations)
- Provoke (70 instances in 12 translations)
- Provoked (80 instances in 13 translations)
- Provokedst (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Provokes (7 instances in 8 translations)
- Provoketh (7 instances in 4 translations)
- Provoking (38 instances in 12 translations)
- Demonstrate (37 instances)
- Establish (179 instances)
- Evidence (93 instances)
- Examine (70 instances)
- Leaven (29 instances)
- Prove (119 instances)
- Proving (25 instances)
- Raise (268 instances)
- Rise (476 instances)
- Shew (262 instances)