'Sores' in the Bible
The soot will become dust over the entire land of Egypt, and it will become boils erupting into sores on people and animals throughout the land of Egypt."
So they took soot from the kiln and stood before Pharaoh. Then Moses threw it into the air,and it became boils producing running sores on people and animals.
And the magicians were not able to stand before Moses because of the skin sores, for the skin sores were on the magicians and on all [the] Egyptians.
Animals that are blind or fractured or mutilated, or have a sore or a running wound or an itch or scabs, you shall not offer to the Lord nor make an offering of them by fire on the altar to the Lord.
The Lord attacked the residents of Ashdod severely, bringing devastation on them. He struck the people of both Ashdod and the surrounding area with sores.
But after it had been moved the Lord attacked that city as well, causing a great deal of panic. He struck all the people of that city with sores.
The people who did not die were struck with sores; the city's cry for help went all the way up to heaven.
They inquired, "What is the guilt offering that we should send to him?" They replied, "The Philistine leaders number five. So send five gold sores and five gold mice, for it is the same plague that has afflicted both you and your leaders.
You should make images of the sores and images of the mice that are destroying the land. You should honor the God of Israel. Perhaps he will release his grip on you, your gods, and your land.
And they laid the ark of Jehovah upon the cart, and the coffer with the golden mice and the images of their sores.
And these are the golden sores which the Philistines returned as a trespass-offering to Jehovah: for Ashdod one, for Gazah one, for Ashkelon one, for Gath one, for Ekron one;
Then Isaiah said, "Bring a lump of figs," so they took and put it on the skin sores, and he lived.
So Satan departed from the presence of the Lord and struck Job with loathsome boils and agonizingly painful sores from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.
From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
therefore the LORD will afflict sores on the heads of Zion's women, and the LORD will expose their private parts.
No one takes up the case for your sores.There is no healing for you.
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
The first went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and severely painful sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image.
And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Sorcerer (4 instances in 10 translations)
- Sorcerers (10 instances in 11 translations)
- Sorceress (2 instances in 10 translations)
- Sorceries (12 instances in 10 translations)
- Sorcery (14 instances in 12 translations)
- Sordid (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Sore (167 instances in 12 translations)
- Sore's (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Sorely (25 instances in 7 translations)
- Sorer (1 instance in 3 translations)
- Sorrel (2 instances in 5 translations)
- Sorrow (310 instances in 13 translations)
- Sorrowed (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Sorroweth (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Sorrowful (36 instances in 12 translations)
- Sorrowfully (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Sorrowing (34 instances in 7 translations)
- Sorrows (38 instances in 13 translations)
- Sorry (33 instances in 12 translations)
- Sort (170 instances in 13 translations)
- Sorted (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Sorts (90 instances in 12 translations)