'Trust' in the Bible
This man came to witness, that he might testify of the Light, that all men might believe in it [adhere to it, trust it, and rely upon it] through him.
But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name -- "
Jesus replied, Because I said to you, I saw you beneath the fig tree, do you believe in and rely on and trust in Me? You shall see greater things than this!
But Jesus himself did not trust himself to them, because he knew all men,
If I have told you of things that happen right here on the earth and yet none of you believes Me, how can you believe (trust Me, adhere to Me, rely on Me) if I tell you of heavenly things?
He who believes in Him [who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him] is not judged [he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgment; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation -- "he incurs no damnation]; but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already [he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence] because he has not believed in and trusted in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ's name.]
And he who believes in (has faith in, clings to, relies on) the Son has (now possesses) eternal life. But whoever disobeys (is unbelieving toward, refuses to trust in, disregards, is not subject to) the Son will never see (experience) life, but [instead] the wrath of God abides on him. [God's displeasure remains on him; His indignation hangs over him continually.]
And they told the woman, Now we no longer believe (trust, have faith) just because of what you said; for we have heard Him ourselves [personally], and we know that He truly is the Savior of the world, the Christ.
Then Jesus said to him, Unless you see signs and miracles happen, you [people] never will believe (trust, have faith) at all.
Jesus answered him, Go in peace; your son will live! And the man put his trust in what Jesus said and started home.
And you have not His word (His thought) living in your hearts, because you do not believe and adhere to and trust in and rely on Him Whom He has sent. [That is why you do not keep His message living in you, because you do not believe in the Messenger Whom He has sent.]
You search and investigate and pore over the Scriptures diligently, because you suppose and trust that you have eternal life through them. And these [very Scriptures] testify about Me!
Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
But if you do not believe and trust his writings, how then will you believe and trust My teachings? [How shall you cleave to and rely on My words?]
Jesus replied, This is the work (service) that God asks of you: that you believe in the One Whom He has sent [that you cleave to, trust, rely on, and have faith in His Messenger].
But [as] I told you, although you have seen Me, still you do not believe and trust and have faith.
But [still] some of you fail to believe and trust and have faith. For Jesus knew from the first who did not believe and had no faith and who would betray Him and be false to Him.
And we have learned to believe and trust, and [more] we have come to know [surely] that You are the Holy One of God, the Christ (the Anointed One), the Son of the living God.
For [even] His brothers did not believe in or adhere to or trust in or rely on Him either.
That is why I told you that you will die in (under the curse of) your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He [Whom I claim to be -- "if you do not adhere to, trust in, and rely on Me], you will die in your sins.
But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me [do not trust Me, do not rely on Me, or adhere to Me].
Who of you convicts Me of wrongdoing or finds Me guilty of sin? Then if I speak truth, why do you not believe Me [trust Me, rely on, and adhere to Me]?
He called out, Lord, I believe! [I rely on, I trust, I cleave to You!] And he worshiped Him.
Jesus answered them, I have told you so, yet you do not believe Me [you do not trust Me and rely on Me]. The very works that I do by the power of My Father and in My Father's name bear witness concerning Me [they are My credentials and evidence in support of Me].
But you do not believe and trust and rely on Me because you do not belong to My fold [you are no sheep of Mine].
If I am not doing the works [performing the deeds] of My Father, then do not believe Me [do not adhere to Me and trust Me and rely on Me].
And for your sake I am glad that I was not there; it will help you to believe (to trust and rely on Me). However, let us go to him.
Even though He had done so many miracles before them (right before their eyes), yet they still did not trust in Him and failed to believe in Him -- "
But Jesus loudly declared, The one who believes in Me does not [only] believe in and trust in and rely on Me, but [in believing in Me he believes] in Him Who sent Me.
Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.
Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.]
About sin, because they do not believe in Me [trust in, rely on, and adhere to Me];
Neither for these alone do I pray [it is not for their sake only that I make this request], but also for all those who will ever come to believe in (trust in, cling to, rely on) Me through their word and teaching,
Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me, Thomas, do you now believe (trust, have faith)? Blessed and happy and to be envied are those who have never seen Me and yet have believed and adhered to and trusted and relied on Me.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (2)
- Exodus (2)
- Leviticus (2)
- Numbers (2)
- Deuteronomy (3)
- Judges (3)
- Ruth (1)
- 1 Samuel (1)
- 2 Samuel (2)
- 2 Kings (9)
- 1 Chronicles (5)
- 2 Chronicles (7)
- Job (12)
- Psalm (80)
- Proverbs (12)
- Isaiah (34)
- Jeremiah (22)
- Lamentations (2)
- Ezekiel (3)
- Daniel (1)
- Hosea (1)
- Amos (1)
- Micah (2)
- Nahum (1)
- Habakkuk (1)
- Zephaniah (2)
- Truce (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trucebreakers (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Trudge (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trueness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Truer (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Truly (585 instances in 14 translations)
- Trump (2 instances in 4 translations)
- Trumpet (83 instances in 13 translations)
- Trumpet's (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Trumpet-blast (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Trumpeted (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trumpeter (1 instance in 4 translations)
- Trumpeters (7 instances in 12 translations)
- Trumpeting (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trumpets (52 instances in 13 translations)
- Trunk (5 instances in 8 translations)
- Trunks (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Trusted (138 instances in 13 translations)
- Trustedst (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Trustees (12 instances in 3 translations)
- Trusteeship (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trustest (8 instances in 3 translations)
- Trusteth (27 instances in 4 translations)
- Trustful (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trusting (69 instances in 13 translations)
- Trustingly (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Trusts (59 instances in 9 translations)
- Trustworthiness (4 instances in 1 translation)
- Trustworthy (61 instances in 9 translations)
- Trusty (5 instances in 5 translations)
- Truth (481 instances in 13 translations)
- Truth's (3 instances in 4 translations)
- Truth-giving (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Truthful (24 instances in 9 translations)
- Truthfully (15 instances in 6 translations)
- Truthfulness (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Truths (25 instances in 4 translations)
- Bank (39 instances)
- Believe (271 instances)
- Combine (2 instances)
- Commit (182 instances)
- Confide (37 instances)
- Confidence (174 instances)
- Desire (689 instances)
- Entrust (18 instances)
- Faith (789 instances)
- Hope (326 instances)
- Attitudes Of Trust
- Believe In Christ!
- Believing In Christ
- Eternal life
- Not Believing In Jesus
- Saved By Faith
- Trust In God!
- Trust, Importance Of
- Trust, Lack Of
- Trusting Deceptive Things
- Trusting Idols
- Trusting In Chariots
- Trusting In God
- Trusting In God's Love
- Trusting In God's Presence
- Trusting In Man, Warnings Against
- Trusting In Works
- Trusting Other People
- Trusting Riches
- Trusting Yourself
- Unbelief, As Response To God
- Unbelief, Nature And Effects Of
- Unbelief, Results Of Being Guilty