'Us' in the Bible
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
As we said before, so I now say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel different from or contrary to that which you received [from us], let him be accursed (anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to eternal punishment)!
But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
The only thing they asked us to do was to remember the destitute, the very thing I was eager to do.
But if while we are seeking in Christ acquittal from guilt we ourselves are convicted of sin, Christ then encourages us to sin! No, indeed.
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
So is the Law in conflict with the promises of God? Of course not! For if a law had been given that could give us life, then certainly righteousness would come through the Law.
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
It was the same way with us. While we were children, we were slaves to the basic principles of the world.
To purchase the freedom of (to ransom, to redeem, to atone for) those who were subject to the Law, that we might be adopted and have sonship conferred upon us [and be recognized as God's sons].
they are zealous for you -- yet not well, but they wish to shut us out, that for them ye may be zealous;
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
For we, [not relying on the Law but] through the [Holy] Spirit's [help], by faith anticipate and wait for the blessing and good for which our righteousness and right standing with God [our conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action, causes us] to hope.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Genesis (104)
- Exodus (44)
- Numbers (43)
- Deuteronomy (52)
- Joshua (48)
- Judges (56)
- Ruth (2)
- 1 Samuel (66)
- 2 Samuel (30)
- 1 Kings (18)
- 2 Kings (31)
- 1 Chronicles (7)
- 2 Chronicles (21)
- Ezra (23)
- Nehemiah (29)
- Job (20)
- Psalm (132)
- Proverbs (5)
- Ecclesiastes (2)
- Song of Songs (7)
- Isaiah (73)
- Jeremiah (78)
- Lamentations (23)
- Ezekiel (10)
- Daniel (15)
- Hosea (8)
- Joel (1)
- Amos (3)
- Obadiah (1)
- Jonah (6)
- Micah (11)
- Habakkuk (4)
- Haggai (1)
- Zechariah (4)
- Malachi (5)
- Matthew (39)
- Mark (25)
- Luke (58)
- John (35)
- Acts (96)
- Romans (62)
- 1 Corinthians (51)
- 2 Corinthians (63)
- Galatians (19)
- Ephesians (30)
- Philippians (4)
- Colossians (10)
- 1 Thessalonians (28)
- 2 Thessalonians (10)
- 1 Timothy (3)
- 2 Timothy (6)
- Titus (8)
- Philemon (2)
- Hebrews (44)
- James (10)
- 1 Peter (9)
- 2 Peter (6)
- 1 John (35)
- 2 John (4)
- 3 John (3)
- Jude (2)
- Revelation (8)
- Us-ward (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Usable (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Usages (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Used (457 instances in 14 translations)
- Useful (25 instances in 12 translations)
- Usefulness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Useless (78 instances in 11 translations)
- Uselessly (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Uselessness (2 instances in 5 translations)
- User (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Users (9 instances in 1 translation)
- Uses (28 instances in 14 translations)
- Usest (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Useth (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Usher (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Ushered (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Using (145 instances in 14 translations)
- Usual (17 instances in 7 translations)
- Usually (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Usurer (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Usurers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurious (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurp (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Usurper (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usury (20 instances in 11 translations)
- Us (1653 instances)