'Uses' in the Bible
And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves].
Isn't this the cup that my master drinks from and uses for divination? What you have done is wrong!' "
"Whoever uses an iron implement to kill someone is to be adjudged a murderer, and that murderer is certainly to be put to death.
Furthermore, whoever uses a stone implement to kill someone is to be adjudged a murderer, and that murderer is certainly to be put to death.
Also, whoever uses a wooden implement to kill someone with it is to be adjudged a murderer, and that murderer is certainly to be put to death.
You shall not take up the name of Yahweh your God for worthless purpose, for Yahweh will not leave unpunished [anyone] who uses his name for worthless purpose.
"There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
Of gold, by weight, for the vessels of gold, for all the vessels of different uses; and silver for all the vessels of silver by weight, for vessels of different uses;
Gold for the uses of gold, silver for the uses of silver, and for every work to be done by craftsmen. Now who will offer willingly to fill his hand [and consecrate it] today to the Lord [like one consecrating himself to the priesthood]?
And the vessels which have been given to you for the uses of the house of your God, you are to give to the God of Jerusalem.
let royal clothing be brought which the king uses to wear, and the horse that the king rides on, and on the head of which a crown royal is set.
He uses them to judge some people and give food to many.
The poor man uses entreaties, but the rich answers roughly.
Whoever sows wickedness reaps trouble, and the anger he uses for a weapon will be destroyed.
I dedicated myself to using wisdom for study and discovery of everything that is done under heaven. God uses terrible things so human beings will struggle with life.
For their oppressive yoke and the club that strikes their shoulders, the cudgel the oppressor uses on them, you have shattered, as in the day of Midian's defeat.
The ironsmith sharpens and uses a chisel and works it over the coals; he shapes [the core of the idol] with hammers and forges it with his strong arm. He becomes hungry and his strength fails; he drinks no water and is faint.
A man uses it to make a fire; he takes some of it and warms himself. Yes, he kindles a fire and bakes bread. Then he makes a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it.
He decorates it with overlays of silver and gold. He uses hammer and nails to fasten it together so that it will not fall over.
"Woe to him who builds his house without righteousness And his upper rooms without justice, Who uses his neighbor's services without pay And does not give him his wages,
Eliminate from Babylon the one who plants seeds and the one who uses the sickle at harvest time. Because of the oppressor's sword, let each one turn toward his own people and flee to his own land."
"Look, everyone who uses proverbs will say this proverb about you: Like mother, like daughter.
Jesus told him, "Put your sword back in its place! Everyone who uses a sword will be killed by a sword.
Or has not the potter rightful power over the clay to make out of the same lump one vessel for more honourable and another for less honourable uses?
Now we know that the law is good, provided one uses it legitimately.
And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.
For any one that uses milk is not qualified in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Us (1653 instances in 14 translations)
- Us-ward (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Usable (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Usages (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Used (457 instances in 14 translations)
- Useful (25 instances in 12 translations)
- Usefulness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Useless (78 instances in 11 translations)
- Uselessly (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Uselessness (2 instances in 5 translations)
- User (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Users (9 instances in 1 translation)
- Usest (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Useth (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Usher (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Ushered (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Using (145 instances in 14 translations)
- Usual (17 instances in 7 translations)
- Usually (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Usurer (4 instances in 4 translations)
- Usurers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurious (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurp (2 instances in 3 translations)
- Usurper (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usury (20 instances in 11 translations)