'Uses' in the Bible
And I will bless (do good for, benefit) those who bless you,And I will curse [that is, subject to My wrath and judgment] the one who curses (despises, dishonors, has contempt for) you.And in you all the families (nations) of the earth will be blessed.”
Isn’t this the cup that my master drinks from and uses for divination? What you have done is wrong!’”
"Whoever uses an iron implement to kill someone is to be adjudged a murderer, and that murderer is certainly to be put to death.
Furthermore, whoever uses a stone implement to kill someone is to be adjudged a murderer, and that murderer is certainly to be put to death.
Also, whoever uses a wooden implement to kill someone with it is to be adjudged a murderer, and that murderer is certainly to be put to death.
You shall not take up the name of Yahweh your God for worthless purpose, for Yahweh will not leave unpunished [anyone] who uses his name for worthless purpose.
There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
Of gold, by weight, for the vessels of gold, for all the vessels of different uses; and silver for all the vessels of silver by weight, for vessels of different uses;
gold for the things of gold, silver for the things of silver, that is, for all the work to be done by craftsmen. Now who is willing to consecrate himself today to the Lord?”
And the vessels which have been given to you for the uses of the house of your God, you are to give to the God of Jerusalem.
let royal clothing be brought which the king uses to wear, and the horse that the king rides on, and on the head of which a crown royal is set.
He uses them to judge some people and give food to many.
The poor man pleads,But the rich man answers roughly.
Whoever sows wickedness reaps trouble, and the anger he uses for a weapon will be destroyed.
I dedicated myself to using wisdom for study and discovery of everything that is done under heaven. God uses terrible things so human beings will struggle with life.
For their oppressive yoke and the club that strikes their shoulders, the cudgel the oppressor uses on them, you have shattered, as in the day of Midian's defeat.
The ironsmith shapes iron and uses a chisel and works it over the coals. He forms the [idol’s] core with hammers and works it with his strong arm. He also becomes hungry and his strength fails; he drinks no water and grows tired.
A man uses it to make a fire; he takes some of it and warms himself. Yes, he kindles a fire and bakes bread. Then he makes a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it.
He decorates it with overlays of silver and gold. He uses hammer and nails to fasten it together so that it will not fall over.
“Woe to him who builds his house without righteousnessAnd his upper rooms without justice,Who uses his neighbor’s services without payAnd does not give him his wages,
Eliminate from Babylon the one who plants seeds and the one who uses the sickle at harvest time. Because of the oppressor's sword, let each one turn toward his own people and flee to his own land."
“Look, everyone who uses proverbs will say this proverb about you:Like mother, like daughter.
Jesus told him, "Put your sword back in its place! Everyone who uses a sword will be killed by a sword.
Or has not the potter rightful power over the clay to make out of the same lump one vessel for more honourable and another for less honourable uses?
But we know that the law is good, provided one uses it legitimately.
And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.
Search Results by Versions
Search Results by Book
- Us (1643 instances in 13 translations)
- Us-ward (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Usable (2 instances in 1 translation)
- Usages (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Used (456 instances in 13 translations)
- Useful (24 instances in 11 translations)
- Usefulness (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Useless (77 instances in 10 translations)
- Uselessly (6 instances in 3 translations)
- Uselessness (2 instances in 5 translations)
- User (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Users (9 instances in 1 translation)
- Usest (1 instance in 2 translations)
- Useth (7 instances in 3 translations)
- Usher (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Ushered (4 instances in 2 translations)
- Using (144 instances in 13 translations)
- Usual (17 instances in 7 translations)
- Usually (7 instances in 5 translations)
- Usurer (3 instances in 3 translations)
- Usurers (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurious (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurp (2 instances in 2 translations)
- Usurper (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usurps (1 instance in 1 translation)
- Usury (20 instances in 10 translations)