- All Translations (Parallel)
- NASB New American Standard Bible
- KJV King James Version
- HCSB Holman Bible
- ISV International Standard Version
- YLT Youngs Literal Translation
- Darby Darby Translation
- ASV American Standard Version
- WBS Webster
- NET NET Bible
- AMP Amplified
- J2000 Jubilee 2000 Bible
- LEB Lexham Expanded Bible
- WEB World English Bible
- WE Worldwide English (NT)
- EMB The Emphasized Bible
- BBE Bible in Basic English
- WNT Weymouth New Testament
- KJ2000 King James 2000
- AUV An Understandable Version
- MSTC Modern Spelling Tyndale-Coverdale
- MKJV Modern King James verseion
- JuliaSmith Julia Smith Translation
- Godbey Godbey New Testament
- ACV A Conservative Version
- NHEB New Heart English Bible
- Mace Daniel Mace New Testament
- Wesley John Wesley New Testament
- Worsley Worsley New Testament
- Haweis Thomas Haweis New Testament
- Diaglott Emphatic Diaglott Bible
- LOV Living Oracles New Testament
- Sawyer Sawyer New Testament
- ABU American Bible Union New Testament
- Anderson Anderson New Testament
- Noyes Noyes New Testament
- TCV Twentieth Century New Testament
- Worrell Worrell New Testament
- Moffatt Moffatt New Testament
- Goodspeed Goodspeed New Testament
- MNT Montgomery New Testament
- Williams Williams New Testament
- Common Common New Testament
Betrayal by a Friend
1 God, listen to my prayer and do not ignore my plea for help. 2 Pay attention to me and answer me. I am restless and in turmoil with my complaint, 3 because of the enemy's voice, because of the pressure of the wicked. For they bring down disaster on me and harass me in anger.
4 My heart shudders within me; terrors of death sweep over me. 5 Fear and trembling grip me; horror has overwhelmed me. 6 I said, "If only I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and find rest. 7 How far away I would flee; I would stay in the wilderness. Selah 8 I would hurry to my shelter from the raging wind and the storm."
9 Lord, confuse and confound their speech, for I see violence and strife in the city; 10 day and night they make the rounds on its walls. Crime and trouble are within it; 11 destruction is inside it; oppression and deceit never leave its marketplace.
12 Now, it is not an enemy who insults me- otherwise I could bear it; it is not a foe who rises up against me- otherwise I could hide from him. 13 But it is you, a man who is my peer, my companion and good friend! 14 We used to have close fellowship; we walked with the crowd into the house of God.
15 Let death take them by surprise; let them go down to Sheol alive, because evil is in their homes and within them. 16 But I call to God, and the Lord will save me. 17 I complain and groan morning, noon, and night, and He hears my voice. 18 Though many are against me, He will redeem me from my battle unharmed. 19 God, the One enthroned from long ago, will hear, and will humiliate them Selah because they do not change and do not fear God.
20 He acts violently against those at peace with him; he violates his covenant. 21 His buttery words are smooth, but war is in his heart. His words are softer than oil, but they are drawn swords.
22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will support you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.